British female wanting to marry a Moroccan in morocco

I am British female wanting to marry a Moroccan national this summer. I am gathering all my documents in UK before I go there, not in Morocco.

I have applied for the ACRO police check
I have applied for my full birth certificate

Do I now need to write an Affidavit of my martial status > have the document certified > sent for Apostille > translated? ( or is it in a different order?)

Do I need my passport certified and apostilled also?

Which documents are to be translated?

Could anyone advise on a time frame for all of this and write to me EXACTLY what they applied for, when, where to and how they eventually married - if you did all your documents in the UK... Or if I must do any documentation work in Morocco.

Thank you so much, if you did the process within the last year that would be super helpful

Hello Ruby,

I would advice you contact your partner to consult the embassy in Morocco as regards the needed requirements for marriage or if you can possibly contact the British Embassy in Morocco for an up to date information.

Regards.

Hi there, I'm a British Citizen looking to marry my fiancé in August... Just sorting out the paperwork and this is puzzling me a bit... I understand all the paperwork required for marriage etc however, along with our official documents and copy which is apostled, do we need 5 other official copies or we can use photocopies of the apostled copy to give to the other offices and this will be sufficient? Obviously we will take the original too.
I'm seeing in other forums it's best to make up 5 sets of paperwork to give to different offices etc... do all these need to be the official copy or can it be photocopies of the apostled documents? Will be taking originals too!

If anyone could kindly advise, this would be very much appreciated!!!

Look forward to hearing from someone (hopefully) soon!

Please message me and I can offer my services.

I am a immigration lawyer that has many years of experience in marriages in Morocco as well as spouse visas

Thank you

Hi Guys.

The topic on expat.com under “ Mixed Marriage Process” has all the free info on exactly why is needed and what is required.

The process is simple and documents are simple:

Birth certificate (orignal)

Basic dbs check is accepted does not need to be ACrO but that's fine if you already have it. This document can't exceed 3 months

Letter of employment outlines your start date, position and how much and frequency of payment. Signed and stamped by the employer if they have a stamp. With contact info in the letter in case it needs to be verified.

3 months wage slips. (Orignal)

All the above do not need to be legalised

Book appointment in marrekech or rabat with the British embassy or whichever your nationality is.

They will give you two documents in French

Affidavit which resolves capacity to get married
Passport/nationality verification

Once you get these you do not need to translate the embassy documents you will be given an address to go to the Minstry of foreign affairs in rabat who will stamp the two documents showing it's legal and accepted.

Medical certificate (from morocco go to any doctor in morocco and they will give this at a cost of 150-200dh)

Morocco police report. This can be obtained from rabat in person or the quickest and fastest way is order it online and they will delivery within 48 hours at the location you provide at the police department for collection.

If your Male then Islamic certificate this can be done within morocco.

All documents that are not in Arabic should be translated. Can be done in morocco for 150-300dh per page. Please note the embassy documents are accepted in French only despite everyone saying it needs to be in Arabic.

Passport photo page copy and entry stamp page copy.

Need to make 4-5 copies of each document including the translated documents.

All photo copies should be legalised can be done in morocco at the same place your fiancé's goes to stamp a copy of His ID card. Cost is 2dh per copy.

Passport size photo make 6 or 8 but you will only need around 4-5 but do extra incase.

Once you done this and your fiancé has their documents. Submit to the local court they will give application complete this. They will also advise if the file is complete if so they will give a documents to be taken to a location for invterviews.

3 location in total after all this the final location they will give a document to give back to court and then the judge give his acceptance or declines.

If accepted you take that file to the adoul and get married

If making appointment with British embassy must make the appointment in advance as appointments are limited and must do in U.K gov website.

Hope this helps.

Please feel free to dm privately should you wish.

I'm British expat with over 7 years of living in morocco and vast amount of experience. Having been though everything within morocco

Good afternoon

If you are taking the original documents and require photocopies in Morocco you will be able to do that there the same day. Please avoid people who pretend know things and offer you their services for money and this includes lawyers and their associates. You should be able sort everything you need there with original documents. Things will be slower than they are in the uk sometimes very slow but no one an speed things apart from buying coffees and drinks for some officials.

Hi

I am British citizen but I half Moroccan and want to marry a Moroccan man is it cheaper to get married in Morocco instead of in  England with paying for Visa application costs and lawyer costs?

🤔

Hi,

I am British man marrying a morrocan soon, I have all the documents required. However I was born in pakistan and I am struggling to get my birth certificate. Is there any way for me to bypass this in morroco. Any advice on this?

@Moh17 I could help you sir

Hello Abidaro,

Do you have any info that could be helpful ? Please share on the forum itself.

Thanks in advance,

Bhavna

I know how to get married with legal apostille which can be used for visas and court etc.

You can do it remote and only need the English language.

@GuestPoster131

conect me I can help you about it

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Sakkiyar,

Guestposter is no longer on the website. It is a deleted profile.

Regards,

Bhavna

@Vakil

thank you for the very detailed well explained procedures step by step.

the ministry of foreign affairs is it in Rabat only?

or there is one in Marrakech ?

thanks