Fiancé Visa

I have a friend in the US that has applied for a Fiancé visa there last November. They cashed his check last March but he hasn't heard anything about his status yet Does anyone have experience with applying for a US fiancé visa and how long it might take? Your thoughts are appreciated.

I have looked some at the American documentary/reality serie "90 days fiancee"  because I like psychology and try to juddge pernalities and suiting chances. Some of them are realy stupid so parts are more like comedy although real  :lol:    Its about K1 ="fiancee" Visa to USA.  Several say they have waited over a year even BEFORE covid and some said even waited two years, but delays can depend of they have problem to show assets enouhh to cover thhe guarantee so they can need addittional person to guarantee. (A rich woman said 10 months but I believe she ment since meeting her bf.) I GUESS it can be slower npw by covid make problem to make the interviews in the process.

(Before covid too. Other rules in Sweden but just as handling time comparing. It took a friend of mine 18 months and several interviews before he got hhis Thai gf to Sweden, akthouh he had no problem to show enough money for tthe guarantee.)

coach53 wrote:

(A rich woman said 10 months but I believe she ment since meeting her bf.)

Agreed... previlages for rich ladies are offered worldwide.

:cool:

Hi all
When you apply for K-! visa you are given a tracking number and can get current status check at anytime!

From rapid Visa website!

K1 Fiancé Visa Timeline
(Usually 6-9 months on average from start to finish)

I have done 2! Both were done within 6 months from the time !

Forms Required
There are several forms that are submitted/filed at different times to different government agencies along the way. Some people choose to DIY. It can be quite cumbersome to navigate all the K-1 fiancé visa forms yourself, which is why many people opt for assistance.

Form
Purpose
I-129F    Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)
DS-160    Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application
G-1145    e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (Optional)

After your case has been approved by both USCIS and Homeland Security, the alien will need to take a face-to-face interview with a consular officer. This is usually done in the country of origin, but may be in a nearby country if the U.S. embassy in that country doesn't process nonimmigrant visas.

The alien will be asked a series of questions to make a determination of approval or denial. The main goal of the interviewer is to determine if your relationship is legitimate, and to make sure there is no fraud going on. After the interview, the consular officer will approve or reject your visa. If approved, the passport (along with the issued visa) will be returned to the beneficiary within a few days.

Be smart and just let RapidVisa handle it! 99.99 percent approval rate! You fill out app online at there site! If your gf can go to the office they will ask her the questions and load directly into computer and give you a copy before you leave!

https://rapidvisa.com/k-1-fiance-visa-overview/

It's interesting, RapidVisa, that you post this, because I just searched the Philippine Consulate site for their NVC interview backlog, and in June of 2021, they had just started processing interviews for approved K1s from March 2020, 15 months post-approval. So, think: Upon granting the interview, how long until the actual interview..... People are looking at probably 2 years overall from the point NVC approves the application. Ridiculous, but COVID....

Your 6-7 months timeline very well might be good for other countries, but you shouldn't just paint everything with a wide brush of that timeline quote, especially in this day and age of COVID.

(Additionally, for those who have not yet met their significant other in the Philippines, the borders remain closed to foreign nationals with a 9a visa unless you have family ties or an exemption from DFA --of which the exemption is not likely for most tourists. You can meet up with your significant other in a country that is open for tourism, but you're still facing the NVC backlog, which is all a waiting game.)