US Exodus Options

Hi, I'm an American, and am considering leaving the US.

I went to Mexico last year for 6 months, am back, and am now considering other options. Seems Central America may be a good option and have been looking into CR, the DR and now Nicaragua.

I work for myself, so I think that excludes some programs.

Basically, I want options to be able to leave the US, and not be hassled about 30, 60, 90 day restrictions.

Some ways I know of:
Invest in Teak trees to get residency, there and Panama.
Marriage

To go to CR, no PCR test is needed, but insurance and filling out a health form is.

To go to Nica, I read a PCR test is needed.  I haven't got one. Has anyone? How far did they put that swab up your nose?
Anyone know about teak tree investing for residence or other programs?
Would you recommend Nica over other nearby countries and why?
Any other suggestions to get to a place that is generally safe and free?

Thank you

I am trying to avoid the test and jab.  Latest theory is the test swab has some questionable stuff on the end of the swab

I will be moving to Nicaragua because of
The cost of living is the least
If you get residency and marry a Nica then you can apply for a Nica passport in 2 years
The people are friendly
You have to leave every 6 months but some just walk across and turn around. If you live in San Juan del Sur it won't be too inconvenient
I lived in CR for a month and the people were very distant but it was the opposite in Nicaragua

I agree. I've heard the same thing.

Sorry it wasn't as friendly in CR. I was there about 8 years ago, it was ok, but I was sick at the time. Thank you for letting me know.

Good luck with the move. I'm in the US for now, and will keep watch for opportunities.

My wife and I just arrived late June to Nicaragua. I have spent several weeks over the past 10 years in Nicaragua, Mexico and Costa Rica. I am really enjoying Nicaragua for the cost of living, people, culture and outdoor activities(hiking, surfing, birdwatching, fishing etc). We are retired now and enjoying the country. If you are single and have 1000 a month source of income you can obtain residency and avoid the ninty day border crossings. If you want more info I can recommend a lawyer for residency. I live in southern nicaragua near the beaches.

Thanks for that. Congrats on making the move, sounds like there's a great area.

Hello,

Other interesting countries are

- Peru
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtVo6wT8us

- Paraguay. The only real problem in this country, which no one talks about, is this :
a) in this country, theft is cultural according to a Paraguayan anthropologist
b) in this country it is impossible to find a guardian who is trustworthy

- Bolivia. The only real problem in this country are the customs taxes and customs duties : 39.5 % of the value of the package, transport costs included. This is a problem because in Bolivia you will not find all the vital quality products that you are looking for.