Buying a Thai villa as a foreigner

Someone said to buy a villa using a local thai's name n to make him

a) sign a debtor note indicating that he owes you money to the tune of the villa's value n will have to repay this debt if he intends to sell the villa
b) pre-sign property transfer agreements so that you can sell the villa without his presence in future if desired
c) sign a note stating that all his family members cannot lay claim to the property if he passes away ...

Wonder if this will work  ...

Stay away from making deals with local Thai people if it comes to contracts etc etc. You will always lose.

You can register the company and buy with company's name. This is how most the foreigners do.  Consult with the lawyer too.

Leeds forever! wrote:

Stay away from making deals with local Thai people if it comes to contracts etc etc. You will always lose.

Thanks for the guidance

Jinny69 wrote:

You can register the company and buy with company's name. This is how most the foreigners do.  Consult with the lawyer too.

Thanks, understand some foreigners who bought villas using the company route lost them in law suits   ..
Buying a condo can be a problem as people have complain that the condo will quickly go into disrepair after a few years when you have residents not paying the condo maintenance fee n that many condos have poor sound insulation

Someone suggested that I buy property in my own country or in a country that i could legally own it n use the rental proceeds to go rent a place in Thailand instead ..
Looks like i might just be forced into doing so  ...

You should also be aware that it is illegal to own a company solely for the purpose of buying land. They can and will take your property if you upset them in any way. It's not worth the risk of losing your hard earned money.

Hugz wrote:

You should also be aware that it is illegal to own a company solely for the purpose of buying land. They can and will take your property if you upset them in any way. It's not worth the risk of losing your hard earned money.

Really ...., thanks for the information
Looks like i'll better only consider buying condos then ...