Any expats in Tekirdağ?

Does anyone here currently live in or has recently lived in  Tekirdağ? I plan to move to Çorlu, Tekirdağ next year so I am looking for more information about the area. Thanks! :)

No
Problem,
Bett me too you can also email me with my mail ***
Thanks

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi how are you my  name Ergun İzmir turkey come agean sea more nice and paradise really life for

Do you have WhatsApp there

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange your contact details by using the private messaging system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hello ,were do you live

Izmir is wonderful, I've been there a couple of times. But my husband and I have job opportunities in Çorlu which is why we will be moving there specifically.

My family lives there. I frequently visit them. I'd be glad if I could somehow assist you.

Hello
I am a manufacturer of chandeliers and lampshades. I'm trying
   Transfer my work to Istanbul. I need a companion or partner or investor
My Instagram address:
chakavak.home
Thank you

@N.maria hi! Did you ever move to Çorlu? My fiancée moved there to take care of his Mom and I am looking to relocate there in mid 2023 when we get married. Would be nice to meet other expats!

Celeste

@Aloha965 Hi, I am not expat in here but I newly moved to Çorlu, Tekirdağ. I find this place really nice bc it's not chaotic like Istanbul -but at the same time it's close to Istanbul-, 1 hr drive to nice natural parks and it has good potentials as businesswise. If you have any questions about Çorlu, I would be happy to answer. Best regards, Bilge.

@Ozlem59

We are a Canadian couple looking to relocate to Tekirdag. Is there anyway you can help us with some information?

Thanks

@KarmenNN

hey welcome. What kind of information do you want? I live in Istanbul. very close to here. I've been there a few times

@messeut

Thank you for the reply. We are looking at buying a house, however not sure about the conditions that will allow us to receive the Turkish residency , or even if canadians are allowed to buy a property there

@KarmenNN

Canadian citizens can obtain a residence permit in exchange for purchasing property.

I tried to send a law firm's information written in Turkish on the subject, but I think this site does not accept it..

@messeut

On the government website it's says they will give residency permit only if the purchase is over 400 000 usd, which is not the case. The house we want is around 200 000. So, I was wondering what other ways will be to obtain the right of residency.

@KarmenNNyes normally 400 thousand. For lower purchases, I am not familiar with how the system works. You can get support from several law firms on this issue. Sorry .

@messeut

No problem,  thank you for your help.

I will be facing the same situation down the road when I move from the United States in a year or two.  $400k converted to TL is over 11M TL.  Our target destination is Eskisehir and there isn't much property available at that price, besides the fact that as a retired couple, we are seeking flats or villas between 120 and 160M2 in size which will never be at the $400k price threshold.  The requirements for residency seems preposterous!

@Gino_C

We are a soon to be a retired couple as well. I am hearing different information,  therefore I will be consulting an emigration lawyer about the rules and conditions. 

@Gino_C I feel regulations will change quite soon with regards to Ikamet, I have to say USD 400 K sounds at the upper side, I hope you get a gorgeous property.

Please consider normal life though, now you are able to walk, what happens in 2 years time.

Also consider changing your driving license (I did, even not needed being close to ALL amnetities), getting older will get with challenges (I can say), having everything close helps.

Again a property of USD 400 K sounds like a very luxury thing. Good and having a luxury is good, but is it???

The advertisment to get Turkish nationality is tricky (what about future entitlements, even if would be offered for free I would not take it)

Again I do not know what type of property you have in mind but USD 400 K sounds expensive.

Please be CAREFUL!!

@cdw057If needed I can crawl to Supermarkets, Restaurants and Hairdresser (I still do not have to crawl, but close). I think to be a BIG plus of living where we are.

We all get older.

@cdw057

I have no intention of buying anything nearing 11M TL particularly since there is not many property listings exceeding 11M which implies reselling it could be difficult and might end up being a losing proposition.  My goal is to comply with the requirements for gaining residency (ikamet) in perpetuity as I have no intention in returning to the United States. 

I also value being in the city center, close to all amenities and having a high walkability score.  Rural living is for the birds.  Lastly, I have nothing to gain by having Turkish citizenship.     

Thanks for your comments.

Reference to : Tekirdağ.

I recently researched Tekirdağ, and I'd appreciate it if someone could explain if there are any challenges in the area(thinking to move from istanbul area). Additionally, are there intercity buses to Istanbul that I can use? I won't have a car for a while, but I need to go to Istanbul for work. Can someone familiar with this area please respond? Thank you! 😅

@KarmenNN My understanding is that you can get a residence permit for 3 reasons: 1 purchase of a property of at least $75,000  2 Medical 3 Student visa.  The $400,000 investment requirement is if you want Turkish Citizenship.  However,  residence permits are now allowed to certain districts only.

@azmarina91 I believe the smaller cities require 50K investment for residence whereas big cities like istanbul ankara etc 75K, would Tekirdağ be consider here smaller citiy can we make 50k investment here and apply for residence?

@azmarina91

Thanks for the clarification for residency permit.  I was aware of the location restrictions for foreigners but fortunately for me, my targeted destination is all clear.   

@KarmenNN…..if you purchase a house worth $50k in small towns or $75k in larger towns you could qualify for a residency permit (Ikamet) for up to two years if the Tapu in your name and one year for your significant other. the residency is not guaranteed as Turkish law fluctuate all the time and also sometimes it depends on the “mood” of the immigration officer..so expect some challenges there. I am now in Alanya Turkey and several people that i know were denied their renewal, and those people have Tapus(title) in their own name.

my advice on purchasing a house in Turkey, try and find a reputable brick and mortar real estate company with a mix of Western European staff,  also make sure you hire an attorney and don't sign anything without the presence of one. U.S. embassy has a list of attorneys on their website, not sure about Canadian one.

@hanialturk73thanks for the inform.

how do we get list of cities which are for $50,000 and which for $75,000?

@hanialturk73

Thank you so much, this is the best information I got so far.

Hope we can keep in touch

@azmarina91

Thank you so much for your help and information

@KarmenNN…Hi Karmen, this is the newest law effective as of today….. a foreigner whom he/she wish to obtain a property in Turkey and apply for the two year residency (Ikamit) must buy a house valued at least $200,000.00…the previous value was 75k but today it was changed to 200k……

@hanialturk73

Thanks for the heads up.  That is highly impactful news for future expats like me.  Apparently, those who received residence permits prior to the law change on Oct 16 will be grandfathered in.

Here is the article I found:  https://ikamet.com/recent-changes-in-tu … or-expats/

Much appreciated!

Could be good, could be bad

https://www.yenialanya.com/haber/172234 … mayacaklar

So posts on the topic and regulations change monthly

@Gino_C…Hi Gino, I was talking to a local Turkish real estate agent yesterday and this is what he said about the new law in regard to buying a property and obtaining a residency (Ikamet). you can buy any property valued at any price but you MUST register the value of this property at the TAPU office 200k and pay the 4% taxes requirement to your local municipality. regardless what the appraisal appraised the property.

If you buy a house at 50k you must pay 8K in taxes at TAPU office, the minimum requirements.

not only that,  you must as well convert and deposit the 200k into Turkish Lira in a Turkish bank, and the bank must give you a receipt confirming your deposit and conversion in order to complete the process of Ikamit.

another point to consider, if you decide to convert the money back to Dollar you will lose another 10%.

Example, 200k at todays rate into Turkish is approximately at 27TL is 5,400,000.00 but when you buy Dollars back it will be bought at 28TL. 200k will become 190K. 

not only that,  you must as well convert and deposit the 200k into Turkish Lira in a Turkish bank, and the bank must give you a receipt confirming your deposit and conversion in order to complete the process of Ikamit. another point to consider, if you decide to convert the money back to Dollar you will lose another 10%. Example, 200k at todays rate into Turkish is approximately at 27TL is 5,400,000.00 but when you buy Dollars back it will be bought at 28TL. 200k will become 190K. 

@hanialturk73

Thanks again for the additional info, it's very useful but your response brings up another question:

should I buy a flat at above the $200K threshold, I would still need to deposit $200K in a Turkish bank as TL as well?  Upon receiving the ikamit, then the deposited money can be used at my will however I choose including complete withdrawal?  Or is the requirement of $200K deposited into a bank to fulfill the requirements to gain citizenship?  If bank deposit is only to gain ikamit (temporary residence), the process appears to be illogical. 

@Gino_C the deposit has nothing to do with citizenship, its merely a requirement to apply for the Ikamit only. yes it is illogical, the money must be deposited in dollars then converted into TL….not sure how long you must keep the deposit in the bank before you can make the withdraw. No you don't have to buy a property valued at 200k…..