Moving from UAE to UK

Hi
I am moving from Dubai to the UK. I would like to rent an apartment or house. My preferred place to live in is Edinburgh or Glassgow.
Can someone guide me to which place is good to live (not very expensive) in these cities as a new expat? I would like to have a school nearby for a 3-year-old and a 10-year-old. I am on a tight budget. It's a personal move, not a corporate one so money does matter.
What is the process of renting a place -pre-arrival.
thank you
KS

khasanshah wrote:

Hi
I am moving from Dubai to the UK. I would like to rent an apartment or house. My preferred place to live in is Edinburgh or Glassgow.
Can someone guide me to which place is good to live (not very expensive) in these cities as a new expat? I would like to have a school nearby for a 3-year-old and a 10-year-old. I am on a tight budget. It's a personal move, not a corporate one so money does matter.
What is the process of renting a place -pre-arrival.
thank you
KS

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Assuming you all have the appropriate passports/visas to get into the UK, the Numbeo website contains lots of information related to costs of living; this link will take you straight there.  Both places are cities, they are not cheap.  Pre-arrival rentals are in the main either hotels or Airbnb; nobody is going to keep a property empty for you unless you pay for it upfront, which will include a significant deposit.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team