Moving from France to Spain or to Portugal

Hzllo - would love to know how to be covered social security wise for medical care in both countries and whether it's working better in Spain or in Portugal ?
Does anyone have some info about that or even better experience?
I'm Belgian but living in France for 20 years now and so actually I'm on the French Medical system.
How would that go if I move to Portugal or to Spain and have medical problems over there?  Thanks for your insight !

Are you moving permanently?

If you're just spending some time (vacation or 2nd home) in Spain or Portugal, while keeping your main home in France... then you'd be covered by your EHIC (European Health Insurance Card).

I just checked what the EHIC is in France: CEAM (or Carte Européenne d'Assurance Maladie). You can see more info at CLEISS.FR and you can order via AMELI.FR

https://www.cleiss.fr/particuliers/ceam.html

Hello ànd thanks for reverting to me ..
It would be a permanent move ...
that's why I lack information on what country would be more interesting in that respect and can one go on their system and at what conditions ?

Hi, we too are considering relocating from SW France to Galicia in Spain so we have lots of questions .

This topic is very interesting to us too.
ThankYou...sandy

I just found out what the EHIC is in France

Hello, we have been living in Galicia for 2 years... Let us know what you need!!! 😁