Covid jab what did I have

Had my first Covid jab forgot to ask what I had.  Anyone know how I can find out?

You didn't get a vaccination card? It should be written on it.

Oooops! :-)

Like @tymrtn, I thought they were giving out little cards.

I have one from Bulgaria, and it has the date of the injection, whether it was 1st/2nd, the type (AZ, etc.), and the Lot Number.

But maybe Spain is now ahead of the game, and already has the info in its "Covid Passport" system? That would mean a low-tech card would not be required.

I suggest you call your doctor who gave you the vaccination and check if you should have a card, or they forgot to give it to you, or it's all computerized with no card required.

I'm surprised they didn't tell you what they gave you... or ask you to sign a release.

In BG, I had to sign a release which said: "this vaccination may kill me, but I'm OK with that... hit me, doc." (I paraphrase, of course). :-)

You also need to know when your appointment is for the 2nd shot, which I think can vary depending on which vaccine you had (and the 2nd should be the same, so you do need to find out what you just got).

Supposedly the Digital EU Covid-19 Certificate should be active in June, so you will be able to demonstrate your vaccination record.
https://www.eppgroup.eu/newsroom/news/b … ll-over-eu

In the meantime, I found the "Covid 19 Immunity Passport" in Google Play, so you can use something like this (add info, take/upload photo of your card, if you get one) until the official one arrives.

They don't give vaccination cards in spain

You don't get cards and it's a drive through system. They said come back in 28 days.   I think I get notified by text a slot.  I message my medical centre

reading online Spain has a vaccine app for your phone which started may21st.

Maybe check with your medical centre and ask??

I am finding it difficult to find out any info about vaccines myself.

Stay safe

Perhaps it varies by region, but they certainly do give vaccine cards in the Valencia community (Alicante/ Valencia/ Castellon).  To get the vaccine you must have a sip number.  You can get one if you have an EHIC card that is still valid, and either your local doctor or hospital should be able to do that for you.  If you have a SIP card/ number then you will be on the system and make sure that you have provided an up to date mobile number.  They will then text you (SANITAT) with your appointment when your age group is being vaccinated.  I got my first text on the 23rd May, with the time and date and venue for the appointment, AND which vaccine I would be having(both for my first and second vaccine)I received my vaccine (and the card with a leaflet called 'plan de vacunación COVID19' ) on the 26th May.  I got my second text as a reminder on 11th June for the appointment 5 days later, the same way, and took my card along, though it was not essential.  The card has my name, name of vaccine (pfizer for me) and date of first vaccine with a space to be completed for the second dose.  After my second vaccine, I was given a piece of paper with a web address, and told I could go to the site after 24 hours and download my EU digital covid vaccine certificate. it was super easy to do and I just needed to input my sip number.  The certificate is brilliant, and has all the details of the vaccine you have been given and its type along with your personal details (DOB and name).  From the same website, you can also download proof (justificante) of vaccine-  also with the details. I hope this helps.

In the UK we got both, we had the little cards, then now we have the travel app on our mobile phones.

Hi, your experience seems completely different to mine, a drive through sounds awful! Mine was in a large community hall, and they were super nice to me and asked me to sit down afterwards and stay for at least 15 minutes to make sure I was ok (same for everyone).  I would appreciate knowing which region you are in? as I had made a rather naive assumption that it was the same process everywhere in the country, but obviously not. Thanks, all the best to you.

Hi Cynic, funnily enough my husband didn't get a card when he had his done (in the UK), and although he had his first one almost a month before me, his second one was a day after my second one!  It seems like there are different experiences depending on location - both here and in the UK.  I came away from mine with a card, a link to download my covid' passport' certificate and also to print out a proof of vaccination record.  His experience was not very good and he said that it felt like they just processed him and booted him out almost immediately :-( no card, no app advice.  From reading the other posts here, it appears individual experiences vary massively, possibly according to region - both in spain and the UK

Certainly been stories of vaccination centres running out of cards (victims of their own success; I don't think anybody in the NHS thought the vaccination programme here would have been the success it has).  However, whatever happened on the day, if he contacts his GP, they may have some cards now that they can issue, plus it will be on his NHS record and on the NHS app on his mobile phone, all are linked to his NHS number.

Your husband's experience on the day doesn't sound very good, total opposite to my experiences getting my jabs; my wife and daughter are both NHS nurses who are heavily involved in running our local vaccination clinics.

Depends on your age group. I know the 40-49 yr olds get the one shot Janssen vaccine.

If you are registered with GenCat it will be on your records.GENCAT is the state health service in Catalu?a, not sure if it is the same throughout the country.
If you have only had one jab when you are called for your second you can ask then!.

*edit to my previous comment- had the vaccine today, it was Pfizer. they must have had some left over.