Accommodation

Dear all,

This might be odd, but I'm struggling to find accommodation in Dublin.

I'm an Electrical Engineer, and I will be starting work with EirGrid in Dublin soon. I'm getting to Dublin on Sunday 23rd May, then do BnB for two nights as I sort out accommodation. I will therefore be delighted if anyone knows something reasonable. I'm looking for anything  in D2 to D12, maximum budget is €1200 a month.

Regards

It all depends how long you're staying. If it's 6months + then check out an estate agent or sites such as property pal. They maybe able to help. If prices are out of reach, then do a Google for flat/house share Dublin and that should point you towards local classifieds. Another option, prices are steep, is to stay just outside the city and commute using the dart or buses.

You could try Airbnb for a while place or a private room. They may have deals for long term rentals. If you want to avoid fees then try and find a contact using a web search or book in for a few days and then negotiate face to face if you like the place.

Hi all and welcome to the Forum.

To add to the conversation.  Long-distance accommodation searching is always problematic.  Nobody is going to put rental accommodation to one side for a month to await your arrival unless you pay for it up-front.  It's also true to say that nobody is going to pay a lot of money for accommodation they have not seen and may not like.  It's why we have hotels and Airbnb; yes it's a cost, but people have to realise it's one of the costs of going to work in another country and perhaps should be budgeted as such.

One last point; Dublin is renowned for having a shortage of rental accommodation and perhaps looking/living outside of the city should be an option.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks for the thorough response.

Your response is much appreciated.

Hello, I'm planning to move to Ireland to settle and find a job in May/June 2022.  I'm looking to find a place to live for the first 1-3 months in order to apply for a PPSN number, so I can then buy a house etc.  I'm looking for accommodation (a room) that I can rent for this period.  Ideally West Cork, but will be happy anywhere (Donegal, Waterford...).  I'm a professional person, tidy, quiet and respectful and just need an initial space to get sorted. Thank you.

Check out the housing section top of this page. You can also place a free advert there too.

Check out rent.ie and daft.ie

daft.ie  have a separate section for short term rentals.  Good luck.