Single male retiree from US - dating options

Pebs.........All you had to do,to reply to Kamlin was just mention 'shallow grave'..

For some reason ? there is no Quote button on Kamlin's post above but this is in response to his post:
I think your post has SOME small amount of truth in it. Yes some women from a poor country will seek a rich (or richer) gringo . And yes even well to do women in the USA will seek a richer man. Gold digger is the term...

But I think you are being very insulting to and cynical towards Latina women in your post above.
Plenty of Latina women fall in love with gringos who aren't rich nor particularly good looking.
I lived in a 1br apartment in the states, yet met a great woman from Mexico and we are now married 20 years and yes there is real love because I do  not have a fat bank account nor did I drive a fancy car or even own my own home. In fact her family was well-to-do in Mexico; in some ways she had more "spending money" living in Mexico as a professional than she did after marrying me and her professional license was not good in the USA without a lot more schooling.
So she gave up a great job, plenty of spending money and a good home to live with me in a 1br apartment.
This is NOT that unusual in spite of what you may think.
Is it possible some women from poorer countries will pretend to love someone to become a US Citizen? Yes.
It's also possible any woman likes a man with a lot of money and will marry him for his money.
But that's not to say all women are gold diggers!

Edwin
          I agree with your above post
I came to CR 3 years ago on some business deals Decided to call it home 2 1/2 years now
I am a 55 year old divorced male and never had intentions of ever remarrying after 26 years with 1st marriage
I didn't move to CR to find love nor meet young honeys
Even dating. This place I came to find myself and fix me

I have dated a few Latina women here in CR (2) and Trevor same drama I experienced with them is the same that I have experienced with the few American women I dated back in New York
I agree Not all Tica women are after money guys or do they want you to take of there families - stupid myth
Tico's are very well educated and take pride in what they have achieved Tica's are strong hard working women who what I have learned don't need a man for money, they want love, honesty and long term
Something amazing happened to me early May of this year, I met an incredible intelligent, classy gorgeous professional Tica woman who has two adult professional children and owns her own home in a great area
We dated for a few months and in August we knew our meeting was destiny
We got married in late August and has shown me love is real and we all can get a second chance
She is a gift

All for all is wondering she is 49 years old
So I was never looking for a young house kitten

FYI: Yes CR does have legalized Prostitution but not all Tica or Latina women are hustling Gringos
Many want to meet for real love

Hope this helps

I gather the best way to lose your money is trying to date but starting by telling everyone how much cash you have.
I understand the best way to die quickly is meet the worst people whilst engaged in the above.
The best way to fail tragically as an expat, is treat locals as if you're superior to them.

@usexpat707

It's 2023.. are you still looking for me?

I'm Canadian mid-age with a cat.. looking to relocate to Costa Rica this coming fall or sooner if possible..not only do I have my own income but I'm a versatile entrepreneur type..and would likely start something new once I settled in. Maybe a Coffee Cats n Cannabis Cafe 😺

@Guest8642 ....I am sure you were kidding, if not, go to AMCostaRica.com. Read how this Canadian couple is living their worst nightmare here, only because they applied what they know in Canada about cannabis in Costa Rica.

@sporto505 why aren't Americans dating other Americans that are financially independent? 🤷🏼‍♀️😉🤔

As an American older female, I am interested in meeting a European or American male friend to enjoy a friendship. Where do you meet these type of men? My son is moving there.

@AmericanWolf Because of mentality. Many American women have lost their femininity and respect for men due to incessant indoctrination, aka brainwashing. Latino women, while many are indeed looking for a rich "prince" (just like many other women), yet have preserved their feminity and respect for men. My girlfriend is Tica and we happily live together. For how long, or to the end of days? I don't know but, at this point, we are a good match. As for men,  in different countries, they look for the same feminine qualities.

@usexpat707

First 20 years younger?  What's the matter with women your own age? The second question is why you couldn't score a gringa?. I see a lot of men in 3rd world countries in the fantasy world pretending that they are loved by someone who says all the right things and we see you as the ATM absolutely. But no one wants to break the fantasy these old men are living in.

I do not know why men will not go to counseling and learn to get in touch with their higher selves but it has been that way for a long time. At the least more younger men are working more on their emotional issues and having better relationship results.

@JBuonopane12

OK all you gringos writing about women.   What about the flip side, and a single older (60) white woman dating a Costa Rican man?  Y hablo el espanol.