4 month tourist visa, ACR I card renewal total 8,531.00 Php's

Went for my 4 month tourist Visa  extension and renewed my  ACR I card for another year yesterday at BI office in CDO. Fees for the 4 month extension totaled 3,140.00 Php's. Renew the I card for 1 year   was 2,391.00 Php's. What surprised me were the 3,000.00 Php's total charged for the express land fees.    1) Express lane fee (I card processing) 500.00 Php's. 2) Express lane fee 2,000.00 Php's. 3)Express lane fee (certification) 500.00 Php's. It's my understanding BI uses the express lane fees to boost employee salaries at tourist expense. I had the option of leaving my Passport at BI for up to a week to avoid the express lane  fees. I  dont leave my Passport with anyone especially a government agency. I dont mind paying fees to stay in the Phil. but the  express lane fees are excessive. But i guess it is a lot more expensive  and hassle  to  try and fly back to the States during this pandemic with so many conflicting rules  worldwide.

Scott-I have a permanent quota visa section 13 and it cost me about 4000p for 5 year ARC renewal. Took 8 months to get it back after I paid for it.Seems like your 4 month visa charge was a bit high. Thats what is good about a permanent visa its been 310 pesos a year for the last 5 years. If you look at the fees they are just doubling them using different words or titles. I have noticed that the 1st 3 years I was here on a tourist visa 2012-2015. they can pretty much charge us foreigners whatever they want. I am surprised they havent raised the annual perm visa renewal 0f 310 pesos.Keeping my fingers crossed!JIMMY

capricornrising wrote:

Scott-I have a permanent quota visa section 13 and it cost me about 4000p for 5 year ARC renewal. Took 8 months to get it back after I paid for it.Seems like your 4 month visa charge was a bit high. Thats what is good about a permanent visa its been 310 pesos a year for the last 5 years. If you look at the fees they are just doubling them using different words or titles. I have noticed that the 1st 3 years I was here on a tourist visa 2012-2015. they can pretty much charge us foreigners whatever they want. I am surprised they havent raised the annual perm visa renewal 0f 310 pesos.Keeping my fingers crossed!JIMMY

Hello Jimmy, I did not know i had other options that you listed here. Thank you for the suggestions and i will look into those options before my next renewal. I agree, BI can charge any fee they like and we either pay it, or leave the country. Been here 5 years now and i am enjoying my stay.

Scott-Been here 9 years in July.First 5 years were good.You may start to feel differently in a few more years. At first all the attention by especially Phillipinas was nice but begins to get old after a while when you realize most people here are only interested in us as a foreigner because we have money. Try finding a Pinay who TRULY likes you without your money. You will be surprised they are few and far in between.Good luck!JIMMY(Not trying to sound negative-just the facts Sir!)

Hello just to inquire for the Renewal of Alien Certificate of Registration for 13A Visa.
Is it require to submit 2x2 picture or take photo during renewal.
Thank you.

Submit photo

My 13-A Visa expired in March 2020.
Originally got it in 2013 when my wife and were first married but we are now filing for separation

I intend to stay in the philippines with being able to travel between here and Home (Canada) once in a while still. What are the alternatives to the 13-A Visa and how much would the cost be to renew it ?

Thanks.

The express lane charge is your typical Philippine scam. I don't think there is really an express lane. I've been to the BI enough to realize that I'm put behind others that were before me and they aren't seniors. I rather see the BI just go ahead and raise their prices instead of scamming us on the fake express lane.

BC57 wrote:

The express lane charge is your typical Philippine scam. I don't think there is really an express lane. I've been to the BI enough to realize that I'm put behind others that were before me and they aren't seniors. I rather see the BI just go ahead and raise their prices instead of scamming us on the fake express lane.

You didn't express your gratitude. At the main BI in Manila, next to the elevators there is a sign regarding gratitude.

Some take it as a warning and some take it as a suggestion as something to do.

Just arrived on a 9a tourist visa. I need to renew/apply for an ACR card. Should I apply for the ACR ASAP or wait a week or more before my current visa expires ?

🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤗my gratitude. Thanks for taxing me to spend money in your country of coarse

telmano2003 wrote:

Just arrived on a 9a tourist visa. I need to renew/apply for an ACR card. Should I apply for the ACR ASAP or wait a week or more before my current visa expires ?

Renew the visa and apply for the acr card now don't wait. Two months before my acr-1 expired I applied for my 13A. While it was in queue it expired. When I went to pick it up all worked had stopped because it had expired. I had to renew the acr-1, for 5,000 php and work started on the13A again, because of the pandemic it took almost four months for the 13A.

Get ready to shell out thousands of pesos and months of frustration.

I thought 13 A visa was for life when you receive it...mine is for life while being married to philippina..!!

bakedbeans wrote:

I thought 13 A visa was for life when you receive it...mine is for life while being married to philippina..!!

Better rebake your beans. . . .Looking at my 13A, Issued 19 Feb 2021, Expires 19 Feb 2026

Have you gone for any of your yearly interviews?

Thanks for the info  !

The 13A Visa you Were Granted and the 5 year ACR1 card are Two different things...

The 13A VISA in your Passport is for Life or as long as you stay Married here

Your ACR1 Permanent Card will have to be renewed every 5 Years

@kristopherryan

The 13A visa was granted because you were married to a Filipina.

if you Divorce/Separate etc, you will lose that requirement and no longer be eligible for 13A

The 13A Visa you Were Granted and the 5 year ACR1 card are Two different things...
The 13A VISA in your Passport is for Life or as long as you stay Married here

Your ACR1 Permanent Card will have to be renewed every 5 Years
-@vehicross100

The 13A Visa has to be renewed every 5 years and each January you have to report and go through some paperwork plus pay a small fee.

My stepson reported for me and paid the fee.

@vehicross100

divorce as of today isn't allowed in the Philippines, so no problem.

What a total waste of money and time. I really see no purpose for this card. I told bi I was going Thailand 9th January 2023 my 59 day visa expires 31December 2022. I am only a tourist I don't plan to live here buy a house or even drive a vehicle I don't even need a bank account but i was forced to pay 7.900p. For a few days extension. Worse still there expecting me to pick up my acr card in Bohol. Also I find out now there is a fee annually to maintain the card and a penalty if not done on time. Also required to do annual reporting every march 1st.  I won't be here.  I only came on vacation. !

What a total waste of money and time. I really see no purpose for this card. I told bi I was going Thailand 9th January 2023 my 59 day visa expires 31December 2022. I am only a tourist I don't plan to live here buy a house or even drive a vehicle I don't even need a bank account but i was forced to pay 7.900p. For a few days extension. Worse still there expecting me to pick up my acr card in Bohol. Also I find out now there is a fee annually to maintain the card and a penalty if not done on time. Also required to do annual reporting every march 1st. I won't be here. I only came on vacation. !
-@benja6999

Do you want Whine with your Cheese?

@whackerdog123

But separation is still alive and kicking...

I'm not planning on retiring in PH anytime soon, but when I do, I figure I'll come in on a balikbayan privilege (I'm married to filipina), stay for the one yr visa free privilege, then take my chances & " test the system"...no obtaining an ACR card nor a 13A visa...n see if they "catch" me after 36 mos.. it would beat, or at least delay, paying ANY fees to the corrupt PH govt...THIS expats not gonna be taken advantage of..no skin tax for THIS expat! (JMO).

Or you and your wife can leave and come back, giving you another year of Balikbayan.  Can do this forever.

@benja6999 Well, you violated the terms of your stay so now you have to pay money to catch up and get an acr card. Rules are rules I guess. You are not staying here longer so, hmm, maybe you simply do not pick up your acr card because you don't need it or pay and fill out annual reports to maintain it? You are going to Thailand, hopefully as a short term tourist as well because for long term, you will not find anything easier then the phils with their inexpensive extensions for 3 years and acr-i card.

@Enzyte Bob

Your reply here slays me!

thanks for the Sunday evening chuckle,

@kristopherryanwatson I agree 😂

@Harbred6051 I know many illegals living all over SEA & i have even helped them stay in their respected countries they wish to abode in.

My reason for helping them is for many different reasons as "we all have a story".

Most are gazetted criminals from the system of Governance which i deem as illegal & illegitimate itself as i believe a "Government should be voted by the people, for the people, to represent the people" & i dont know of "ANY COUNTRY" that actually does that.

Most are Americans, Antipodeans, Euros & Russians.

You are somewhat in a very good position.

The most bureaucratically entangled visas to navigate that most immigration companies, JPs that sign your paper work and various other mountains of paperwork to Apostille are the Phillipines & India. 

How ever once you do the first step & pay the money the second, third & final step towards beit PR or other wise whilst being in the country is the easiest, safest & most courteous way to actually navigate the system in any of the SEA countries.

Respect the Filapino & you get it back, if you want to live here, then immerse yourself in being apart of the culture and not just "be in it".

I have lived in South East Asia most of my life & i assure you from living in SEA & working in Australia where i did not "LEGALLY" HAVE TO PAY TAX IN AUSTRALIA AS ANY AMERICAN, CANADIAN AND SOME EURO COUNTRIES DONT HAVE TO PAY TAXES, i saved myself 2 decades of bringing forward my retirement.

Thats just (1) advantage of living in SEA.

You are in a very good position, do the right thing the right way the fist time and you will not be looking over your shoulder as some of my acquaintances do.

"ITS EASIER THAN YOU THINK"

There are people in this forum that can help you a great deal by their simple experience & being the "Whiteman Filapino" they are.

Best of luck & i wish you well mate.

PS: No im not selling anything !!!

@White Asian: Tnks for your viewpoints & advice. I'd just rather to come in on a balikbayan privilege, stay the 12 mos., then leave to an adj country for a weekend with my wife, & come back into PH with my wife & restart another yr on Balikbayan...then just RINSE and REPEAT! I don't really want to spend the time n $ getting an ACR card, then having to do (& spend $ on) the annual Jan or Feb reporting, nor want to invest on a 13A Visa IF I'm gonna have to renew that every year...just wanna K.I.S.S. (not you being stupid), just the system being as crazy as it may seem for us expats (actually, US expats).