Schools in Liverpool

I am an American considering a 3 three year assignment near Liverpool.  My question is regarding school availability for my 14 year old daughter.  In USA she will be starting 8t grade (last year of middle school).  Since she will likely graduate from high school in the US, we would like her to maintain an American curriculum as much as possible.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Itchyfeet 62

That sound great..May be you can ask education departement in Liverpoll..

Thanks

As far as I am aware there is no American school in the Liverpool area. There are some schools offering an IB curriculum which I believe is more consistent with the American model of education. You may want to consider a public (private fee paying) school rather than a comprehensive (state) school. Having said that Liverpool boasts some impressive state schools, OFSTED are the organizing body who inspect schools so you can google them for some insight into a school as they carry out regular thorough inspections

If I were you I would ring the in year admissions department for Sefton (north of liverpool, extending to suburbs like Formby and Southport) AND Liverpool schools and ask them for advice. Broadgreen in Liverpool as well as KGV (King George V) in Southport run IB programmes.

I haven't been much help, but hopefully I have given you some leads.

Ria