Monthly internet without yearly contract?

Hi, everyone.

I will be living in Costa Rica for several months starting next in June. My home there already has a high speed cable internet connection but no service. Do I need to pay to get a yearly internet contract or can I just get internet for a few months?

Also, in the past, the service was with CableTica. Can I call them from the US in order to request that it be turned back on or does someone need to be at the house?

Thank you for your help.

call cable Tica directly with your questions. If you are going to be living here maybe its best to deal directly with Costa Rican service providers.

Most are monthly contract
You can call them directly but if you don't speak Spanish it becomes a pain in ass to find English speaking Waldo
They wouldn't return calls to a phone number other than a CR #  I'm not sure if you need a CR # to get service  My case I hired a personal assistant here to handle my day to day and talk the lingo. Because you heard the they have to prices here Tico and Gringo
Contact your property manager or leasing agent the will typically set everything up for you

FYI.   You will need to pay your bill monthly at local grocery or pharmacy store unless you have a CR bank and debit card  Also you can only pay in colones or dollars at the stores. If you use dollars nothing larger than a $20 and bills can't be damaged  I had bills given back to me for a little rip in them

Good Luck

Yeah the personal assistant angle works well. I would go with that. Then you dont need to interact with anyone other than the assistant. Unless of course you speak Spanish and know how to google to get phone numbers.

I have not heard that the cable companies do the gringo pricing but who knows.

Thanks Rodeo
         Ya using the google translator was not an easy fix so since the salaries here are not out of the ball park me hiring a bilingual assistant has been working well for me
Correct the cable and other utilities companies are on legit in pricing plans I meant when you deal with the other businesses that don't have pricing signs posted on items, this is where I have experienced so gringo pricing
But all in all the Ticos have been fair and kind with me
Believe it or not most of my business dealings with scammers have been Americans and some Canadians running the scams. 

My advice living here in CR always keep your guard up, research the best you can and asked a lot of questions

Thanks for all the advice and information. I'm glad to hear that I don't need to pay for a full year of internet service! I'll consider looking into a personal assistant once I get there.