What profession gives you the most chance to work in the US?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I have been wanting to work and live in the US for several years. I'm from the Netherlands and I've completed my high school last year. Now I'm looking into getting an undergraduate degree. Afterwards I want to get a graduate degree as well.

I'm quite proficient in economics and the financial field in general, however I don't know which degree and profession will give me the biggest chance of landing a job in the US.

I don't suspect the chances of an employer to sponsor a foreign employee are equally big in every field. So I want to ask you which degrees and in which field will give me the biggest chance of having an employer sponsor me in the future.

I'm talking mid-long term here, because I will be done with my BSc in 2026, a MSc will take me another 2 years, so it will be around 2030 when the time comes.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Highly skilled workers come to mind for a better chance in gaining a Green Card?

In what fields would you think, workers are needed in about ten years?

@MH210999

That's like asking "how long is a piece of string"

Am working as a housekeeping supervisor 9 years...

Nursing profession is the sure way to come to the US. It's been an ongoing high demand profession even before the pandemic, during the pandemic and the  years to come with the ageing population and higher life expectancy.  I'm a nurse recruiter from the US and assists nurses that passed the US exam for nurses called NCLEX to come and work thru EB3 visa. So, if anyone is interested just message me.

working in IT is the most universal field, you will be sure to have work in any part of the world :)

Yes, agree, IT or nursing, and probably engineering also - it's like being on the perpetual gravy train. You'll grow fat and sassy and probably never want for anything.

Aren't many IT jobs offshored and outsourced to cheaper places...

anything art and creative world...

I think IT-sphere and online marketing may give you the most chance to work anywhere, and the USA isn't an exception. I'd say that the issue isn't in a certain profession; when you move to a new country, you should be ready to work outside of your professional field for a while. When you make your new network, understand all the rules/laws/etc., learn more about a new city, you'll be freer to choose your career path. It looks challenging, but a lot of expats have to pass this first time in a new place.

MH210999 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I have been wanting to work and live in the US for several years. I'm from the Netherlands and I've completed my high school last year. Now I'm looking into getting an undergraduate degree. Afterwards I want to get a graduate degree as well.

I'm quite proficient in economics and the financial field in general, however I don't know which degree and profession will give me the biggest chance of landing a job in the US.

I don't suspect the chances of an employer to sponsor a foreign employee are equally big in every field. So I want to ask you which degrees and in which field will give me the biggest chance of having an employer sponsor me in the future.

I'm talking mid-long term here, because I will be done with my BSc in 2026, a MSc will take me another 2 years, so it will be around 2030 when the time comes.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Software Development and Anesthesia (Anesthesiologist physician OR Nurse Anesthetist) are two great possibilities for career fields which stand out among many others:

money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/rankings

Hi there! I was a plumber for almost 9 years now, and then wasn`t able to work and started to explore myself. So after that I took all my strength and knowledges to create a refinishing company with my old friend (that`s our beautiful *** that I`m really really proud of), so now I`m definitely happy with everything that I do. Looking for any advices or support!
And wishing you to find yourself in this life:)

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : No external links, pls.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct