Lookng for motor cycle shipping company out of chicago to cebu..

Hello to all interested... i am a Chicago guy. married to a Dipolognian ( Usawa sa Di Polog City Zamboanga Del Norte )    I spend a couple of months every year in Di polog city  and really want to send my Yamaha sport bike there, i believe it will be  cheaper then buying one there. going rate for the used R6 is 1/2 million peso... my bike is a 97 that is like brand new  with everything up graded and redone by me,  i am a mechanic by trade as well.. almost retired to..  i can not seem to locate any one in my part of the U.S.A, - Chicago  area  .. seems all the exports  like this going out of California  the cost to get it California is almost equal to the ride to the Ph.  ?    then i also need a professional who knows how to do the paperwork correctly as well....   i was looking at used  bikes in cebu  10 k  u.s.  for anything similar with no warranty and high millage.. a new one is 20 k us dollars... these numbers  are ridiculous  by us  prices... i want to ride a bike   not a  honda xrm 125 with a million miles on it thats whats available in  diPolog.. . i dont mind  spending a few thousand dollars to have  one of my bikes in dipolog at our home there .  can any one help?   i also here my wife as a citizen  can import it at a less tax as she is a returning citizen, and the bike was title to her 3 years ago for this reason..??   if some one knows something  please help.. i am all ears??? thanks for your help in advance.

Paul J Baker wrote:

Hello to all interested... i am a Chicago guy. married to a Dipolognian ( Usawa sa Di Polog City Zamboanga Del Norte )    I spend a couple of months every year in Di polog city  and really want to send my Yamaha sport bike there, i believe it will be  cheaper then buying one there. going rate for the used R6 is 1/2 million peso... my bike is a 97 that is like brand new  with everything up graded and redone by me,  i am a mechanic by trade as well.. almost retired to..  i can not seem to locate any one in my part of the U.S.A, - Chicago  area  .. seems all the exports  like this going out of California  the cost to get it California is almost equal to the ride to the Ph.  ?    then i also need a professional who knows how to do the paperwork correctly as well....   i was looking at used  bikes in cebu  10 k  u.s.  for anything similar with no warranty and high millage.. a new one is 20 k us dollars... these numbers  are ridiculous  by us  prices... i want to ride a bike   not a  honda xrm 125 with a million miles on it thats whats available in  diPolog.. . i dont mind  spending a few thousand dollars to have  one of my bikes in dipolog at our home there .  can any one help?   i also here my wife as a citizen  can import it at a less tax as she is a returning citizen, and the bike was title to her 3 years ago for this reason..??   if some one knows something  please help.. i am all ears??? thanks for your help in advance.

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum, enjoy.

There is a member on this forum that ships from Chicago to PH. Perhaps go back through his posts to get an idea what he does, you may have to contact him, ask questions on the forum as I think you need a certain number of posts before you can private msg. Here was the last post I found from him.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=929905

Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi Paul,
I looked into this a few years ago when I wanted a bike in Cebu, and was shocked to see the prices of new and used bikes. I have a couple bikes here in the garage myself and they would cost a fortune there.  At any rate, what you have to be really careful of is the duty on used vehicles coming in, which is commonly 80% of value.  I don't know about a citizen being able to import it but it might be worth a go. Perhaps have your wife check with customs. It's not so much a problem to get it there - it's the possible tax that's the issue.

In my case, we ended up buying a new naked Kawasaki 650 (ER6N) and it was a hoot. Not too expensive (350K) and plenty fast enough for the mountainous roads of Cebu and neighboring islands, which are filled with road obstacles anyway, as I'm sure you know. I could rarely open it up fully for more than a few seconds at a time, even with my GF on the back, all 95 lbs soaking wet. She sure loved the bike but after a year or two I sold it as too many close calls and the big concern is how long to get to a hospital if you do go down? Not gonna turn out well.

Good luck with it.

pnwcyclist   thanks  responding  i currently have a honda xrm 125  it is just to small for me at 245 lbs plus my wife 120 lb...  i have a couple nice big bikes here all paid for  put in her name  just to ship years ago  the time is now approaching ...  current prices for any 4 cyl. motor bike  start at 500k.. i have been told it could be done for under 2500 us dollars  that is 1/2  the price of a big bike there...  and  i also know what u mean  dangerous roads.. bike accidents are the leading cause of death in mindanao where i live,, closest hospt.  is 15 min. away  in a population city of 300k people ,,, but  a good truma hospital is several hours away..  and me  with a hand full of pills every day is not a good mix,,,,i  have to be extra cautious . a used hi lux  is in the works  but i am bike rider since age 13. i am 53 now and still very capable and not willing to quit..