House Purchase and Conveyancing

Hi
Can anyone recommend a conveyancer in the Camborne area please? I'm a bit horrified at the cost estimates I've been given...
Also, how long does it take? I've made an offer on a property and am told 2 to 6 months for transfer, not sure what the correct term is...
Thanks
Gerard

Hi GerardCannoo,

I don't live in your area, so, unfortunately, cannot help you with a recommendation for a conveyancer.

I have moved house in England before, so I have some experience with the system here and it is a bit weird in some ways. I found it really odd that the reason that you have to wait for 2 to 6 months is that they are waiting for the chain of house exchanges to complete.

This means that they are waiting for the person that you are buying the property from to find a house and have their offer excepted as well as waiting for your own house to be sold and accepted. This chain goes on until there is either a first-time buyer or someone that is leaving a house to either move to a retirement facility or leaving the country or something along those lines.

As to the cost of a conveyancer, I found this website with some more information about it: https://hoa.org.uk/advice/guides-for-ho … fees-cost/

I hope this helps but if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Sisqi

Your conveyancer does not need to live near the property you are buying, since the work is all carried out electronically and on paper. See if you can find a more competitive quotation from somewhere else in the country. (There may be marginal cost-saving advantages if the conveyancer uses her/his local knowledge, but these could easily be outweighted by higher fees.)

If your vendor needs to buy another house and the sale depends on this then the whole process could drag on for many months. Otherwise (no chain) six to eight weeks is a reasonable estimate, although delays are inevitable.