Living and Belgium and studying/working in Luxembourg

Hello,

I'm a Portuguese Citizen and I'm currently in UK doing university. I finish my course next year and I want to do my masters in Luxembourg and work there. But I wanted to see my options to live in Belgium as I saw very nice apartments at a good price.

Any advices for me?

Hello / Bom dia,

Welcome on our forum,

You are a little vague in your aspirations. You can also finish your studies in Belgium as in Luxembourg. The same goes for work.

Therefore, it's up to you to be a little more explicit ...

In the meantime, you can take the time to read:
- Guides published by the forum. They can be found under the "discover" tab in each country.
- Old discussions which can be filtered with our search tool located next to your avatar.

I meant in the way that I wanted to live in Luxembourg but finding a house/apartment there is very expensive. I want to go to the university of Luxembourg because the masters I want to do is there and my intention is to eventually live there after I start working and have money enough to support myself. But I found so many cheaper and bigger apartments in the province of Luxembourg in Belgium, that I really like for more affordable price and just one 1 drive to Luxembourg. That's why I was considering living in Belgium and work/studying in Luxembourg for now.

Hi,

OK, now it's more clear.

Of course renting is cheaper on Belgium side. But you'll have to face a huge road traffic each day.

But there's a big Portuguese community in Luxembourg. Did you try to contact them? And the university can surely help you with that.