Need more information on Nepal

Hello,
I am looking to speak with anyone who can provide good information for an American who wants to move to Nepal. I have some questions.

Thank you

Dear Robinhood406,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Maybe you could post all your questions here.

I invite you to go through the living in Nepal guide, it might help you.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Yes , Please let me know what do you know about it.

I'm an American also. I got here 10 years ago and love it here. If you pack your bags now and come on Aug. 1 you can stay until next May to try it out. Then you'd have to leave until Jan. or you could get another kind of visa. Everything isn't up working properly right now. Are you still in the US or elsewhere? If you are in the US you should contact the Nepali embassy in the US to see what's changed. They were working on a 10-year visa for Americans before the pandemic that you'd need to apply for there in the US, but I don't know if it was enacted or if it's still like it was. There isn't visa on arrival now. I'm always happy to help with answering questions, so let me know if I can help.

Contact FrugalTravelsNepal from the What About Nepal Youtube channel. There's lots of info on the channel and you can contact Ama. She's lived in Kathmandu for many years.

what can i help you