Adding Partner onto Property Deed

Hi All,

I am needing some advice. I have a condo here in Sergipe, in my sole name and wanting to add my partners name to it. As the condo is paid for already, is there any capitals gains liability for my partner when I add her on to its ownership and secondly does anyone know how to do it? I am thinking the value must be determined first and she will need to pay tax on the 50% value of the condo?

Thanks In Advance and hope everyone is safe and well.

MKP

Assuming that you're in a união estável, there should not be any tax implications for your partner.  The same cartório that issued the original Escritura on your apartment can process the amendment.  It ought to be a pretty standard transaction, and they can confirm the tax implications when you talk to them.

This is a Contador or Advogado question that specializes in Imposta de Renda.

I would leave it in your name only the cost to process of the attorneys and processing of paperwork is not cheap. DO NOT use a cheap attorney, you will learn the hard way!

I worked with on in 2014 in Rio de Janeiro...Cost $10k USD who the connected me with a partner who worked out of Belo Horizonte another $6k plus paperwork. They were able to resolve my real estate issues pretty quick. Let me know if you want their agency contact info.

Thank you do much for the guidance.

MKP