Travel with your pet from Dubai

The aim of this post is to help clarify the process of how to travel with your pet as checked baggage from Dubai to any country (I was going to Canada).

Given my experience, I have realized that there is a huge information gap between the customer and the airline.
Prior to my flight, I had contacted Emirates 4 separate times and was given the same information, all we (Emirates) need is: cage dimensions, combined weight of the animal and cage, age, bread, vaccination information and more then 48 hours notice. Once I arrived at the airport, during check-in the staff indicated that I was missing a document and could not take my cat with me without this document and there was no way for me to get on the flight as it takes at least 24 hours to get this document (this information was incorrect) and because of the incorrect information, I had to rebook my flight for a later day.

If you plan on travel abroad from the UAE with your pet, this is the documentation you will need:
1. Veterinary Health Certificate for Exporting or Re-Exporting Live Animals (This is the most important document - no one tells you about this.
2. Vaccination record from you vet.
3. Health certificate from your vet (optional).
5. Any further documentation the destination country may require (Canada only requires proof of vaccination)

In order to get your Veterinary Health Certificate for Exporting or Re-Exporting Live Animals, you need to start the process online at the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment's website and pay the AED400 fee online.
You can do this application here:
https://www.moccae.gov.ae/en/services/e … imals.aspx

Once this is complete, you need to go to the Dubai Cargo Village where the ministry vet will carry out an examination of your pet and issue your pets Veterinary Health Certificate for Exporting or Re-Exporting Live Animals.

There is a ministry vet at the Dubai Cargo Village available 24/7, so don't worry if you forgot this step.

As for the logistics, you will have to contact Emirates Airlines at least 48 hours prior to your flight and provide the following information:
1. Cage dimensions
2. Total weight of pet including cage
3. Bread of pet
4. Age of pet

Emirates will then contact you within 24 hours to complete the payment process, in my case USD500, more information can be found at:
https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/hel … h-animals/

Once you have all the required documentation and a confirmation from Emirates, you should be good to travel with your pet as checked baggage.

I hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions.

@Hamza Ali46

hi hamza

thanks for this information.

when I check the website I see its 100 dirham and not 400 ( Request for a veterinary health certificate for exporting or re-exporting live animals) through the website of moccae

can this be correct?