Teaching in Phuket

What is Phuket like to teach in?  Is is a good place for a single female in her thirties to live???

Hello smaointe and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that other members will soon give you some advice.

Thank you,
Harmonie.

smaointe wrote:

What is Phuket like to teach in?  Is is a good place for a single female in her thirties to live???

Hi well you and 5 million other people who want a job there are competing for jobs!

By teaching I'm assuming TEFL, if a properly qualified school teacher then go for it. TEFL is starvation wages in Phuket! although if female and white better chance of better job as some employers don't want sexpats.

Of course all of Asia suffers from what one female teacher described to me as "the asian pu33y syndrome" lol. If you are straight you will remain single! Permanently. Of course that might be attractive to some - I certainly enjoy singledom post 35 - but as one mid 30's friend found out don't take your new new bf to Phuket. He run off with a bar gal after a week. I pity the bg personally but she wasn't happy..... such is Asia!

try www.ajarn.com (ajarn=teacher in thai)

hello smaointe ,

my proposal about the school, are you a teacher ?

we have two Internation schools at PHUKET

there are a famous .

1.British International School, Phuket (BCIS)
This is the Primary and the Secondary School ,so i give you the link as below .
phuketindex.com/travel/living-he … /index.htm

2.QSI International School of Phuket

qsi.org/pkt_home/pkt_home.htm

i think maybe you should to phone them and get more imformations

ps..i am not good English much cause i am Thai .. please kindly to improve my skill if uncorrect grammar,please resolve and reply that ..
thanks a lot .

and ,
PHUKET is not a dangerous place and more beautiful however be careful and safe your self it's better !!! oh hey ! if you are not a teacher ,are you a traveller ?? :)
nice to meet you .

[Moderated: Please post an ad in Jobs section]