Job in England as "Éducatrice jeunes enfants "

Hello everyone,

I 'm thinking about going back to live in England
As things changed i would like to get in touch with some of you, and get help into setting up my project of going back.
I work with young children in France ( éducatrice de jeunes enfants ) I don't know which job i can get  in England... (how do you call this diploma in England??)
Could i work in primary school, youth Center...?
Thank you to everyone who can help me

Take care
Mika

Assuming you're a qualified teacher in France, you can teach in the UK, but you'll need to have your qualification validated by the Teaching Regulation Agency to obtain QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).

Here is the link to the application form:
https://teacherservices.education.gov.u … n/EEAPage1

If there's any problem or delay or maybe just for the experience, you may want to start off working as a teaching assistant.

Thank you for your answer
Does this mean that i can work as a teaching assistant regardeless of my qualification?
Teaching assistant: which age are the children? Primary school only?

It may be better for you to look for direct school teaching program as salary. You ll train for qts  and make the training. It s about 10000 pounds to register but loans and bursory are possible. Please check.

Some teaching assistants do have qualifications but it's not necessary. With your teaching experience in France, I would have thought it wouldn't be too difficult for you to find work. There're teaching assistants at both primary and secondary level. If you have any experience of special needs, that would be particularly valuable.

It sounds like you're anxious to get started as soon as possible. I would suggest you register with some agencies. Through them you can work at some different schools and see what you prefer to do.

I think there's no point to do teacher training if you're already qualified - but I'm not sure if you are. If you are, like I said, you just need to have your qualification validated.

Hello,
Thank you for your answer. The fact is I have been teaching as a preceptor for 10 years and my knowledge as a teacher has even been controlled several times by the Academy which said and wrote it was really good. I ve also practiced with young autistic people and children with disabilities in learning quite often.

But, the thing is that my 2 master 1 degrees are not in this field so I was wondering what to do.
I really want and need to get a job over there to get settled. My ever love is over there and I intend to reach him there.
What do you mean by agencies ? Jobcenter or school officials ?
Thanks for your help.

dauphin310, it sounds like you're not a qualified teacher, but if you go through the link I sent Mika Meha, you can have that confirmed.

If you want to do teacher training, there're a lot of options. Have a look here:

https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/ways-to-train

You'll see there's an "assessment only" option. If you're an experienced teacher, it might be worth contacting some of the providers mentioned and finding out more.

At secondary school level, your degree should be in the subject you want to teach or closely related to it. It's possible to do some top-up-type courses though. Again, you'd have to contact the providers and check their requirements. At primary school level, any subject is accepted, usually a curriculum subject.

If you have experience working with autistic and disabled kids, teaching assistant work seems a good option in the meantime.

Schools advertise teaching assistant vacancies directly. Have a look at the Guardian Jobs and Tes for a start. By agencies I mean teacher recruitment agencies. You might be able to find something long-term with them but it can also be just for a day to cover. Maybe have a look at a site like Reed where a lot of them advertise.

They'll be able to give you better advice about what your options are and also what the job market is like at the moment in light of COVID. If I were you, I would speak to them before moving here, so there aren't any surprises.

Don't forget you'll need police clearance. It can be a bit slow in some countries so maybe that's something else worth looking into now.

Hope that helps

Thank you for your answer fleur 3
Take care