Seychelles GOP

I signed a job contract in November 2020, my visa application was sent off February 2021 but now it's April and still I've heard nothing, should I be worried? I contacted my employers in March and they just said the application has been sent off and wouldn't tell me any expected timeframe. I don't know whether I should get a temporary job in UK while waiting for this one. Has anyone managed to get a GOP during Covid?

Buddy, if it's possible for you to get a temporary job in UK while waiting for this one, please do.
The new Seychelles government is really frustrating companies efforts to bring expatriates. Even during their election campaign, it was one of the promises they made to Seychellois (locals) that if they win, that expats won't be in Seychelles again. Now they won, they are doing everything possible to fulfill that promise, even when they know that businesses in Seychelles can never survive without expatriates.
So don't fold your hands and be waiting, because you don't know what the outcome will be.
All the best!

Well taken Mr?

Hey I too am patiently waiting for my Seychelles GOP. My employer received all my documents in late Feb and I am still waiting too. I am supposed to hear some good news from them this week but they have been saying that for the past few weeks. I didn't know there were political issues at play. If I were you I would take a job in the UK while you wait. I have been unable to get a job since March 2020 and would be grateful for an opportunity to improve my situation.