Looking for accommodation in Amsterdam

Dear All,
I am saba khan from Pakistan. I will be moving to Netherlands in June for my Phd at VU university and looking for reasonable accommodation. It is quite difficult to find it so I thought may be it would be of some help to post it here.

many thanks.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'd try contacting DUWO; this link will take you straight to their website.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

thanks a lot

Hi Saba,

I found this site helpful when I was moving to the Netherlands two years ago:

https://kamernet.nl/

It mostly looks for smaller places or rooms. Hope it helps :)

I found some time ago a place where more expats are renting a room in a building.
Unfortunately I can't find the website anymore. You can try a search expats apartment amsterdam:

Expat rental amsterdam

Or google : Expats apartment Amsterdam

Hey Cynic,

I am wondering if you could give me any advice on my case.
I am a second-year master student at VU Amsterdam, and I am looking for accommodation for September. I finished the first year online from my home country and now it's time to move. The university is not going to help me, because it provides accommodation only for first-year students. This is the same thing I have noticed in room.nl, they rent just for first-year students.
I have a part-time job, being paid 1200 euros. This would allow me to spend on rent a maximum of 700 euros. I know there are some subsidies for rent from the government, but they have a really low limit for renting a studio (e.g. around 450 euros if you are younger than 23, which is the case). You cannot possibly find any studio for such a low price.
I thought it will be a good idea to find rent with two other classmates. Unfortunately, websites such as Pararius and Funda don't rent for students and not for more than 2 sharers. I don't really know how to find something affordable taking into account everything above.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Have you tried DUWO?  Failing that, Universities sometimes keep notes of local landlords who are willing to rent out to students, always worth giving them a call.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Bonjour

Avez vous trouvé le logement. Je suis moi aussi à la recherche d'un logement pour mon enfant qui vient étudier a hertogenbosch mais le logement pose problème.

Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse

loehr97400 wrote:

Bonjour

Avez vous trouvé le logement. Je suis moi aussi à la recherche d'un logement pour mon enfant qui vient étudier a hertogenbosch mais le logement pose problème.

Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse

ENGLISH please as this is an Anglophone forum. Thank you.