MDEC processing time

Usam Tm,

Hi, I read through the post and found out that your EP category 2 is processed under ESD and it got approved. Congraz!
Can I check a few things with you?
1) It is a new application, right? meaning, not renewal.
2) Did your employer post vacancy on MyFutujeJobs portal before submitting your EP application?
Thank you.

From what I heard from a friend of mine.
Now all applications have to be submitted by MyFutujeJobs. This since the beginning of 2021.
And in doing so, you are forced to wait for the vacancy to expire. To move on with the rest of the process.

If you are writing something incorrect. that someone correct me, please.

Yes compulsory to post in MyFutureJob for 30days and thereafter to apply for Socso approval . There are exemptions though such as 1) Shareholders 2) C Level positions 3) Those with RM15k salary and above 4) Renewals …etc

Hi

actually my employer is a government university..not a company...hence the approving agency is The Minitsry of Higher Education....

so I am not sure about their procedure if it should go through myfuturejob or not...

but recently I got a call from a private university...and they said they are waiting for the approval from myfuturejob before they can procceed with my application

Guys,
I have got job in Malaysia and my EP application went on 15th Aug to MDEC and now my employer is saying that the applications are delayed for 4-5 months. is it the same case with anyone else! MDEC seems to have a lot of backlog!
Can anyone also suggest ho to track MDEC application as the website ask for login details of employer.

@ajay

With MDEC , only employer can track the status of EP application. You can ask your employer to send a screenshot of the application status from the portal.

In the pre-pandemic era, new EP (Stage 1) gets approved within 7 working days of filing. In recent times, especially after the long lockdown it is taking anywhere between 4-7 weeks for Stage 1 approval.

However the above is after filing the application. Please confirm with your employer if they have already received headcount approval / have sufficient quota.

If they donot have quota to file your application, that will add to the processing time.
Good luck

My SOCSO Approval is pending since May 2021. Employer is still waiting for that

https://mdec.my/expat/delays-in-process … lications/

Looks like so. I submitted my passport last week for cancellation. Not sure how long is it going to take.

May i know how long does it take to receive Stage 1 approval letter for Dependent.

As per my employer , currently it is at Decision Stage.  Please help if anyone has recently obtained stage 1 approval for dependent and what is the time frame.

Hi bro, I'm from india and my IT based employer submitted new EP, today status showing at IMM Stage.. What does it mean?? Any chance of rejection here? How long it will take to get it approved?

Please suggest. Thanks

Hi Dan,

I have just found this Forum while searching for answers to my question on duration of our stay if the MDEC  processing time for our new EP would take longer than the time allowed on our current EP. As you know, as an expat, nobody can stay longer than the expiry date granted on the EP. However, according to the information I received from my new employer the MDEC processing time could take much longer than what is allowed to us from my current EP. If our application is still under process, is it possible to stay longer than the expiry date of our current EP? And as we are back to business-as-usual timing due to less covid cases in Malaysia,  can you please advise with your experience  how long it would take to get our application processed? Thank you and appreciated your comments!
Regards,
Ibrahim

Hi all,

My MDEC approval is in verification stage. What does it mean? And how long it will take

@pavi251294 It means, the immigration department is verifying the documents you submitted. Once verification is done, they can either approve or reject. If the documents are okay it will move to next approval stage. If rejected, it will either move to Rejected or Return to Company seeking further explanation on their doubts. This is my understanding - any one can correct if this is wrong.

does anyone know how long normally it takes to get MIDA approval for expatriate .

I heard from new employer that SOCSO approval has been completed(not sure on what it is but took around 2-3 months to approve) and now its awaiting MIDA approval.

Once MIDA approves then only will go for ESD stage.

waiting for your valuable inputs on similar experience.

Thanks

@Manoj Gnanaseelan how many days it should take

@pavi251294 From when it's in this stage ideally it should take only 5working days