Work permit new policies update in 2021

Work permit exemption for foreign spouse <<<
-----------------------------
** New policy update: According to the new Work permit policies in 2021, foreign laborers who got married to a Vietnamese do not have to obtain a Work permit anymore, they can work for a Vietnam company with a spouse Temporary resident card. ** 
--------------------------- 
**New policy update: Foreign laborers those using old work permits in Vietnam replacing for their Working experience certificate, will no longer use their old work permits to prove working experiences anymore. Please try to arrange your Working experience issued from your old employee from another country, then consular legalize it to use here in Vietnam.

Thank you! That's great news. Do you happen to know if this also applies for same-sex couples.
My husband is Vietnamese and we got married in Germany. Unfortunately, so far our marriage status has not been recognised at all.

Thank you for your help.

OliWild wrote:

Thank you! That's great news. Do you happen to know if this also applies for same-sex couples.
My husband is Vietnamese and we got married in Germany. Unfortunately, so far our marriage status has not been recognised at all.

No, it doesn't apply to same sex couples because Vietnamese law doesn't recognize same-sex marriage.  Even though the 2013 Constitution no longer defines marriage as a union "between a man and a woman", it only says "men and women have the right to marry". What that means is marriage between same sex couples is no longer punishable by law as previously stated in the 2000 Law on Marriage and Family.  Nevertheless, the stopping point is the right to be recognised.

Dear Ciambella,
Thank you for your message and clarification.
I already guessed that this might be case because generally gay marriage is not recognised in Vietnam so far.