How to find real job in dubai ?

Hi guys,

I recently got an offer letter from a company that wants me to join immediately. I had interviewed with them two months ago and had returned to my country since I was on a visiting visa. Now that I have to join, they want me to apply for a tourist visa and air ticket, and once I'm in Dubai, they will switch it to a work visa. I'm wondering how exactly does this works. I had seen their advertisement in a walk-in-interviews in Dubai portal and didn't go through any consultation agency. So I don't have anyone to explain the process. The company is offering an excellent package; hence I like to move forward with this offer. I'm nervous about the chance of having my visa rejected, along with a loss of money. If I go to Dubai, will the work visa process will be faster? They need someone on an urgent basis, so they have put forth this proposal.

Would appreciate any useful info on this.
Thanks!

Getting employees in UAE on tourist visa and later converting it to Resident visa is pretty normal practice. However, the airline ticket and tourist visa should be arranged by the employer and not you. The company should also arrange for your initial stay in UAE for a period of 2 to 4 weeks since you will not be able to rent an apartment until you get a resident visa.

As above. 

Read this to be aware as well:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=853822