Bamboo cottage

I would like to have a typical bamboo cottage to live a few months a year and rent.

Have you visited the Philippines yet?
There plenty of places to choose from depending on your desired stay.
If you have not visited the Philippines yet I would recommend you make an adventure and do that.
Bamboo cottages with proper plumbing are usually in a resort. Rent can be pricey. You can find these pretty easy on the internet.
If you are looking for bamboo cottages out in the countryside where local farmers and fishermen live, these may not have proper plumbing as you have it in Spain or other western countries. This may be easier to find if you are physical there looking.

Thanks Jackson 4

Yes, you are describing a Nipa Hut. They can be very basic, and built in a day from bamboo materials, or quite fancy with a concrete structure and bamboo panels for the upper section only.

My GF and I kind of like the nicer ones as they fit the jungle aesthetic and we would have real windows with screens for mosquitoes, and a cooking area and CR. Build it in a place with a breeze (mountain) and no AC required.

Just remember about the mosquitoes, and typhoons.

Very thanks.  I'm looking to live as a retirement.  Aircond is it expensive?

paolicarabajal wrote:

Very thanks.  I'm looking to live as a retirement.  Aircond is it expensive?

Electrical consumption would be the issue. Some people only put the air conditioner in their bedrooms to save on electrical bills.
It all depends how cold you want it and how long you run it.
It also depends where you will live in the Philippines.
I heard it might be cooler in the Visayas region.
The weather in Baguio City is cool since it is about 3000 ft above sea level.

All good points made by Jackson4. Many areas of the Philippines are mountainous and it is generally cooler, with a breeze up there. Plus you can grow veggies. Parts of the year AC is not required if you can catch the breeze by locating on a hill. Fans also help a lot and use less electricity, so maybe you only need the AC in the afternoon and early evening.

Nothing worse than being stuck in a concrete jungle (the city) and having to rely on AC all the time.

Do check out : '"CUBO" its a local invention that has won world fame for a manila based materials engineer Earl Patrick Forlales a 23-year-old who designed & now has his own manufacturing plant for his low cost bamboo housing modular homes which can be fully set up in a matter of hours and come fitted with full modern home amenities...aircon included.
I did infact make some enquiries some 2yrs ago (that was when he had just started his local manufacturing plant) but it was not as cost effective as I had wanted it to be. (He did mention that it was due to an insufficient business volume so maybe now prices could have fallen to a much more reasonable level.)

https://youtu.be/ddllrxzhDl8

I have seen those modules on the internet.  How much they cost?

paolicarabajal wrote:

I have seen those modules on the internet.  How much they cost?

The very basic/no fittings 1rm model unit is NOW being advertised at 89000pesos on youtube.

https://youtu.be/ddllrxzhDl8https://youtu.be/tUD1nRUnEPg