Come to corozal in a couple months

We are planning a move there in a couple months
Looking for information on best areas of Corozal.
What is the going rate for a long term rental that's furnished ?
What's the best way to buy a used car?
I would love to hear the lessons learned.
We moved from the states to PuertoRico in 2014
Things have gone down hill the last several years  between the handling of the 2 hurricanes that hitbus back to back in 2017, then massive non stop earthquakes since 2019 until present
We had the uprising and the governor was removed
The government here is incompetent in the handling of covid.  After all of these events we have had enough of the bs.
So any insight and lessons learned would be appreciated
We help many people that came to the island from the puerto rico expat blog.  So we would appreciate it and we will help others that want to come to belize when we live there and have a better understanding
Thanks everyone and stay healthy and safe

now you have to understand belize is a very small country.......as far as moving to belize  are you beach type people  do you want mountains  land  do you want small town  larger town    the two places to avoid  are  belize city belize  belmopan belize    other than that  it would be what you want in  land  and the  area you   would like to live......go to internationalliving.com  and read what the site has to say...this is a reply to sandraanddunkin

Thanks for your reply. Actually  belize is 2 1/2 times tye size of puerto rico where we live.    Belize has a smaller population then we have here, as we have 2.3 million people here.
We definitely know we want to live in corozal,
I prefer not to be on the beach,  we are living on beach property here.   I rather not be on the beach. A drive less then15 mins would be great.  We don't mind mountains, but the usually where you find dangerous insects,  snakes etc. At least here it's that way

We have already used international living  for about 20 yrs now. However you need to remember these are written by people who make money off their reporting, so I listen what they have for insight,  buy I also want information from people who don't get paid to talk about their experiences.

i am sorry  if  you  look at the two  country's  you  will see  that belize is located in central america between mexico's yukatan peninsula   and the caribbean  .....  costa rica  is  2 and 1/2 times larger than  belize    so please  look at maps and read  discriptions  part of belize charm is that it is a small country
my bad  thought you where talking about costa rica     not the island  and yes  belize  is larger  that  is a statement  i thought i would never say   did not think  anything  could be larger than belize  (that is one of the reasons i love  belize)      that and the caribbean ....  have you thought about orange walk???? it is not on the carribbean  and  located about an hour bus ride from corozal

also  if    you are still looking in the corozal area   i have 5 acres for sale  south of corozal  town  in  the  san joaqyin  village  it is in the corozal district   has a mayan mound at the back of property  when i purchased this property i thought i would have horses  but  they have gone to the great horse pasture in the sky  so  now  just have  my  big dogs    have it listed with my realtor  he has set price  you can contact him  his name is raymond shepard    has point2point realty

Hello I live in Puerto rico,  Belize is 2 1/2 the size of Belize.  We are looking to relocate to corozal.
Right now I am really looking for a source where we can find rental properties. Thank you

Hello I appreciate your insight.  We have learned it better to live somewhere for a long period of time before considering buying.    We definitely are looking for a rental at this time. We are also running into an issue pertaining to this gold standard lodging.   I cant find any information about how long we have to be forced into this lodging.   We don't want to be stuck paying for gold standard lodging for a long period of time as these places are unreasonable priced
If anyone has suggestions which steps we should take before moving.  Such as bank accounts,  visa submission etc, rentals , buying a car etc we would appreciate it

sandrarduncan wrote:

Hello I appreciate your insight.  We have learned it better to live somewhere for a long period of time before considering buying.    We definitely are looking for a rental at this time. We are also running into an issue pertaining to this gold standard lodging.   I cant find any information about how long we have to be forced into this lodging.   We don't want to be stuck paying for gold standard lodging for a long period of time as these places are unreasonable priced
If anyone has suggestions which steps we should take before moving.  Such as bank accounts,  visa submission etc, rentals , buying a car etc we would appreciate it

- Buying a car is easy. There are numerous dealerships for new vehicles, and some dealerships occasionally sell used/trade-in vehicles. Lots of used cars for sale throughout the country. Beware! We bought our Isuzu from Bravo Motors, and are very happy with the vehicle and Bravo's services.
- Opening a bank account used to be easy. I've heard some people having trouble getting an account without being residents or QRP. We are with Atlantic Bank, and have no complaints.
- Can't comment on QRP. Coming into Belize, you will get a 30 day stamp/visa. You will have to visit immigration, before the date on that stamp expires, to renew. The cost per 30 day extension is USD 100.
You may get a 2 or 3 month extension. You may or may not have to show immigration how you will be able to support yourself financially.
- There are numerous Facebook groups for real estate. Some include rentals. Cayes and coast is more expensive to rent than inland. Same goes for living expenses.
- I do believe that by now, most places are gold standard certified.
Hope that helps a little.

My wife and I are planning to drive to belize in 5 years from California. We will bring our dog with us. Wondering on the best and safest route to belize.we will be driving a minivan

Please send me a message if you are still looking for "Long Term Rent", I may have a number of options available for you on the very popular waterfront neighbourhood called Mayan Seaside