Work permit in Peru

Hi, I am so happy to find such a great website about everything in Peru and thank you so much for this great site......
actually I am moving to peru withing one month on a visit visa, and I am planning to live there and find something to do with the small saving that I have. so as I know that I need to go immidiately to the immigration to apply for a permit to sign contract and this is fine as I have no problem in talking spanish. but as I need time to study the market and the situation there, and this will take more than 6 months and in the same time I want to get the residency there. my quastion is that
1- is it possible to find someone that can just employ me to get the residency and sure I will pay all the costs related to that and also will pay for the employment agreement

2- if the employer will terminate the contract will the residency will still be valid till the end of the year??

thank you so much

ummm... well, this is Peru, so IŽm sure itŽs possible if you have money... but I personally wouldnŽt do that...

As for having to leave... when I switched jobs and broke my contract, my company told me I had to leave (they didnŽt know I had a new job...) and they had to pay for my plane ticket back home and everything.  I donŽt know if I actually would have had to leave or not had I not had my other job lined up...You would still have your carnet de extranjería...and it would say that it was valid, but I honestly donŽt know if it still would be or not.

By the way, getting your carnet de extranjería is a huge pain in the bootay... even with a job lined up.  It took me about a month and a half.  IŽm American...I have a Colombian friend and it took him 3 months to get his card.  I have an Australian friend and it took her since May ... so 4 months to get her card.  My job wouldnŽt let me start working til I had it...but some companies are more lenient. 

Good luck.

Hi UWWGAL,

thank you so much for you reply, actually I booked my flight to Peru and will be on the 27th September, a little bit late.

I will try to find a contract immidiately and I prepared myself for 3 to 4 months of waiting period for the CE, so lets see how it will work.

Thank you again.

Neat!  Weather is starting to get better here, so you are coming at a good time! :)

thanx again, can you tell me about the paper that I need to bring with me in order to get the permit of signing contract and the CE after that?? I am trying to bring everything I might need with me in order to save the complications of getting the papers that I may miss. this will help me a lot.

I am so exited to go there as I am now fed up with the Desert weather that we have here in Dubai.

hmm... IŽm not sure what you would need being from Dubai... I never had to get that special visa because I was able to get a business visa back home from the Peruvian consulate before I came.  I would make sure you bring your birth certificate, your university diploma (if you have one), and your passport (obviously!)...I had to get my diploma legalized 1. by a notary in my state, then 2. by the secretary of my state, and finally 3. by the Peruvian consulate before coming here.  I then had to take it around Lima once I got here.  It also had to be translated...but by an official Peruvian translation business...not by me or an American company.

Hope that helps!

is the birth certificate is really needed to get the CE?

I didnŽt need it...but I donŽt know if it will be required for your country or not...I just had to have my birth certificate cuz my job asked for it...but it didnŽt need to be translated or legalized or anything...

I think you can easily find someone to hire you as long as you will pay for your own employment. Even so, i suggest you to be cautious when the employment contract is signed, you wouldn't want to be trapped in a foreign country just because you trusted some stranger and agreed some terms without even reading them first. I don't know much about Peruvian employment law, but i know a contract has the same importance everywhere so it's always better to pay attention on any paper you put your signature on.

Hello,

I am an American living in Peru at the moment, trying to get my work permit.

My father was born in Peru also.

I have been to the Immigration office a bunch of times, they have no idea what they are doing I think.

My father has a company here, we filled out the F 004 form so I can work at his company, after that they asked me to go to Interpol and fill out some more forms.

Now they are asking me to fill out the f007 form I think that's for residency, and pay more money.

Now with my father being a Peruvian citizen, how can I obtain a residency or duel citizenship.

At the Immigration office they said something about me being over 18.

Any idea's?

Thanks
KA