Charity Work for Hungry Kids

I founded Buckhunger, a legal Cambodia NGO, 10 long years ago after seeing tiny undernourished children climbing mountains of raw trash in their bare dirty feet.
Buckhunger has had its ups and downs with money many times and last March hit us hard with both our cash and the pandemic. After 8 sad dark months I am most pleased to announce that Buckhunger is back open in a new better facility with our dear Director Doeun Orm still at the helm. An American donor has supplied the restart money and with Buddha's Help we will continue to raise the needed funds for our daily meal which currently is on a take away basis with over a 100 hungry kids coming each morning.
To date, Buckhunger has provided more than 400,000 free meals to children and elders. Visit our site or our location and learn how to help

I would love to post today's feeding photos but I don't see how. Please advise 🙏🏻

Get together with Cambodian  Children's Fund to join forces to combat what is out there and really help the citizens more effectively...

sronzano,

I have been to Siem Reap a couple of times for a few weeks or longer.
I plan on returning soon and want to volunteer for a period of that time.
I'll check out that organization. Thanks, Wade [link moderated]

Buckhunger currently has only one location in PP but wishes to open in SR when we receive adequate funding. We are currently in dire need of translation help for our kymer Director Doeun. Please contact me here or thru out buckhunger website 🙏🏻

Buckhunger is operating as takeout as usual..

johnny9065,
I have worked in a similar capacity in several countries, and plan to move to Cambodia to do similar work. I have my support and can raise some funds for a legitimate cause but Im having a challenge finding a sponsor with this covid bs... Do you know if this is possible with your team or others at present? I could committ to a month or longer term.

I would also like to hear from anyone else that might have suggestions.

I have been licensed as a professional teacher in China and Thailand, and have also done similar work in the Phillipines, Palestine, and Africa. I have a clean criminal record even to work with the schools or miltary in America. But that's not where my heart is...Siem Reap is my goal.   
                                                                                                                  Thanks,  Wade Jones
Can also be reached at ***

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Sorry for the delay wade..
Buckhunger is struggling along but we have a year's commitment with our very small
Monthly budget. I'm working with a group that is interested in expanding our teaching program and I'd love to exchange with you plans and such.
Please contact me at
[link moderated]

Please be careful giving money to charity in Cambodia, many many scams out there investigation into a charity is advised , but you don't have to look far in your own community in Cambodia to find someone needy to help directly, although these charities mentioned might be great , it's been my experience to donate directly to a family in need is always best

If you are a legit NGO, I would advise working with Cambodian Children's Fund (CCF).  They put out a newsletter and post pictures for donors.

Of coarse we are “legit”. How foolish it would be to post on this forum if we weren't! Buckhunger registered in 2012.
I'm not aware that Children's Fund supports other local NGOs but we have successfully worked with EXO FOUNDATION in the past.
Buckhunger is currently providing about 120 takeaway meals daily to very hungry children 🙏🏻