Bringing family to Qatar during Covid times

Hi to all.

I am Panagiotis, new here. Planning to move to Qatar soon and wondering how things work during covid regarding bringing family over to live with me.

What I know is if you are eligible then you can apply for family visa, but one of the requirements is 6 month bank statement, which means one has to wait 6 months. So usually people bring family on a visit visa until the 6 months pass, then convert the visit visa to a family visa (with a fee and some minor requirements).

At the moment, there is no visit visas due to the pandemic, hence my question, has anyone been is this situation recently? And if yes, how do things work out? Is there a way to bring family? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you and be safe to all!

Due to Covid situation the Family RP VISA are put on hold. I heard if you are an Government Employee or Semi- Government Sector in Qatar you can visit the MOI Immigration and request for Manual RP VISA.
If you are from Oil& Gas sector the employer can request government Visit visa ( NOT sure if this option for family)

For more information  related to Family Visa you check it IloveQatar

Pragan wrote:

Hi to all.

I am Panagiotis, new here. Planning to move to Qatar soon and wondering how things work during covid regarding bringing family over to live with me.

What I know is if you are eligible then you can apply for family visa, but one of the requirements is 6 month bank statement, which means one has to wait 6 months. So usually people bring family on a visit visa until the 6 months pass, then convert the visit visa to a family visa (with a fee and some minor requirements).

At the moment, there is no visit visas due to the pandemic, hence my question, has anyone been is this situation recently? And if yes, how do things work out? Is there a way to bring family? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you and be safe to all!

Hi, just apply manually forget about online. For the back statement not required as long as you can prove that you can support your family should be ok. This is based on my experience Dec 2020. Good luck