Quarantine centers in Yangon, WiFi

I am from and in Singapore. I have a very close Burmese friend who is now serving quarantine in Yangon. I don't know which quarantine center. She landed on 14 March, contacted me via MSN that she was safe and sound. However, since then I have not heard from her and she is not even receiving my messages.

I don't think she has a SIM card yet as she went straight into quarantine after landing. I can't call her. I'm worried sick, in view of the unrest in Yangon.

Heard from my Burmese colleague that WiFi signals are strong in Yangon, even in the countryside... Why isn't my friend receiving my messages? Is it strong in some parts and weak in other parts? I see her active in FB once in a while but very briefly. She isn't receiving my messages in MSN though.

Have any of you been able to contact friends/families in Yangon via WiFi alone?

I'm very anxious. She's practically family to me 😞

Hi I have just left Yangon having spent 3 days there awaiting my flight to the UK. Have you heard from your friend yet? when I was there the Internet connection was very bad. In fact it was rarely available. If it became available it was very weak and unstable.
That's probably why she hasn't contacted you. I hope within the time passed you have managed to contact her. Best of luck. Stay safe and take care