RX in the DM

Other posters have mentioned certain drugs can be fake.  Is this true?

I'm interested to see other's responses. I've either not seen those posts or don't recall seeing them.

I would think that as long as you visit one of the larger pharmacy chains - like Carol or Farmax - you could rely on the drugs being authentic.

I have heard some expats refer to generics or medications made by non-US companies as being "fake", when they are, in fact, legitimate versions of the medication. I take Synthroid and when asking about it, I was told that the pharmacies here only sell "fake" Synthroid. When I asked a pharmacist, she said that while the Synthroid brand is not available here, they have the exact same medication from another manufacturer. To me, that's not fake, it's just a different version.

There are some fake meds.  It's usually in smaller lesser known pharmacies. Usually. Not always.  Always check contents and expiry dates and go to pharmacies with lots of business. Higher turnover is usually good.

Fake may mean -
Not a Name Brand that I know

Some are made here in Rep Dom.... I take one of those
same ingredients as the 'Name Brand'

So fakes are  not real not actual ingredients. Generics are same active ingredients.

You lost me there .....

Sorry not sure what happened on that last message! I fixed it