Motorcyclists to Wear ID Vests from 1st June.

And here in SD it's back to normal!  Until the next round up.

Being a paramedic from Toronto Canada  I've seen many idiots who have lost their lives on a major highway. All because they weren't wearing a helmet.Over the last five years I've seen three kids under the age of twelve who crashed on a atv and no helmet insight.Do you idiots who like to go without a helmet want to know what its like trying to revive a child with a crushed head as they pass away in your hands?I wish you could ride with me next time I get a call like this

Thank you for this. I can't imagine doing your job.  Thank you for doing it!

In Las Terrenas I peg the helmet usage at maybe 1 or 2% of total riders. Then again many locals are racing down the road in nothing but shorts and flip flops. No protection whatsoever.

It's like those "Horror on the Highways" videos they used to show us in grade school as part of driver education. As corny as some of them were they did make you think.

It's why we have the highest death rate per capita on the roads!

Add to that: No training, hard compound tires, little to no use of headlights to improve visibility, rare to see rear view mirrors, turn signals missing or not used, dark clothing on a dark bike in the shadows or at twilight, cheap brakes, hauling ass, passing in blindspots on the wrong side of the road, etc, etc., etc.

I passed on a very nice house just because I could hear folks riding stupidly on the nearby highway and couldn't bear to hear a crash.

My son, my only child, was killed on a motorcycle.

I try to drive absolutely as little as possible any more.

A few days late but it appears what was said is about to begin with a pilot plan.

The Government launches this Friday citizen security pilot plan

President Luis Abinader will lead the event in Cristo Rey

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualidad/ … FF26676452

The Cristo Rey sector, in the National District, will be the epicenter where the Government will give the pistol to execute the first part of the Comprehensive Citizen Security Strategy, a program that seeks to minimize crime in the streets of the country.

"This Friday, June 4, we begin in Cristo Rey the pilot plan of the Comprehensive Citizen Security Strategy," President Luis Abinader tweeted on Wednesday night. And yesterday, the Presidency of the Republic sent the president's agenda, in which the activity is scheduled for 10:00 in the morning.

The planning contemplates, among other actions, that all those who travel in motors must have a vest with an identification number , since this means of transport is the most used for criminals to commit their misdeeds.

Last Tuesday, at the National Palace, the final touches were put on the pilot plan for citizen security. The Minister of the Interior and Police, Jesús Vásquez, and several advisers on the matter were at the meeting with the president.

The Citizen Security Plan with more doubts than answers in sectors
Dominicans will be able to report cases to the Police in real time and with videos
Citizen insecurity, an evil immune to the governments that Abinader intends to eradicate

On March 22, the head of state said that “as of June 1, we will begin the identification of all motorcyclists using vests with an individual number. With this we intend to reduce the number of those who use motors without a license, and the criminal activities that in many cases are associated with their use ”.

Taking into account the records in the General Directorate of Internal Taxes (DGII), it would take around 2.8 million vests to equip each motorist with one.

The name assigned to the plan by the current government is called "My Safe Country . " His predecessors Leonel Fernández and Danilo Medina called their plans "Safe Neighborhood" and "Living in peace", respectively.

The plan includes the reinforcement of road surveillance with 60 additional new motorcycles with agents from the General Directorate of Land Traffic Safety (Digesett) and 243 vans that serve in the road assistance program of the Ministry of Public Works and Communications.

In addition, the plan includes the strength of the Specialized Directorate for Attention to Women and Intrafamily Violence and will work on police ethics and the improvement of the living conditions of police officers.

Similarly, a platform will be launched that will allow direct and real-time interaction between citizens and the Police.

Well, we all know how well this plan will work but out of curiosity, how is a gringo that has a registered, licensed, insured pasola supposed to get one of these vests?  or is it just for actual motorcycles?

Who knows honey!  Its anyone's guess how or if this will work.  How to get vests? How to register? what is needed?   They are "putting the final touches on the plan" yet gonna roll it out.........hahahahahahah

Here is a bit more information about the control of motos in the pilot plan in Christo Rey of security plan:

Abinader admits that they "possibly" make mistakes with a security plan, but they will work to solve them

HOWEVER, THE HEAD OF STATE CLARIFIED THAT THIS PLAN IS NOT ONLY AROUND THE DISARMAMENT OF THE POPULATION

https://listindiario.com/la-republica/2 … ucionarlos

The President of the Republic, Luis Abinader, admitted that the authorities are probably wrong in the implementation of the pilot plan for citizen security "My Safe Country", but that the Government will work to correct them. (“Tenemos meses trabajando en este prometido plan de seguridad ciudadana, que empieza hoy como un plan piloto… piloto significa que se van a cometer algunos errores posiblemente, pero que lo vamos a corregir y vamos a continuar hasta que sea un éxito”, manifestó Abinader.)

This was expressed by the president this Friday, during the launch of this initiative, an act that took place in the community of Cristo Rey, located in the northern part of the National District.

"We have been working for months on this promised citizen security plan, which begins today as a pilot plan ... pilot means that some errors are possibly going to be made, but that we are going to correct it and we are going to continue until it is a success," said Abinader. .

However, the head of state clarified that this plan not only revolves around the disarmament of the population, but will also address the registration of motorcycles, a task that will remain under the inspection of the National Institute of Traffic and Land Transportation (Intrant).

Regarding this aspect, Abinader also highlighted its importance, qualifying it with the same level of importance as the disarmament initiative.

Registry

Regarding the registration of engines, the authorities had already advanced that to facilitate this task the motorists were classified into four groups, according to the use they give to those vehicles.

Group one corresponds to motoconchistas, the second to deliveries, third those who use the motor as a means of personal transportation and the fourth is about messengers and collectors.

Disarm

The so-called "Pilot Plan of the Comprehensive Strategy for Citizen Security My Safe Country" seeks to eliminate from the streets illegal weapons that are in "the hands of unscrupulous people" and that threaten citizen security, and according to the information it will be carried out in four phases.

Phase one will be where the legal rigor of the processes to grant licenses to carry and possess weapons will be promoted, while in phase two the program of deliveries and ammunition will be implemented on a voluntary basis.

In phase three, the Interior and Police will implement a program for the regularization of licenses to carry and possess firearms for license holders who are not up to date with the payment of fees.

There is also community based activities starting from today and 3 centres for disarmament have opened already.

We will see what DIGISETT does in the coming days with motos.

Looks like one gets a card and a sticker on your helmet:

Hundreds of motoconchistas come to get their license in the "My Safe Country" program

https://listindiario.com/la-republica/2 … ais-seguro

After the official launch yesterday of the "My Safe Country" pilot program, as part of the citizen security plan, this Saturday hundreds of motorcyclists attended to register and identify their motorcycles in the different collection centers located in the Cristo Rey sector.

Mélido Agramonte, in charge of supervising the activity at the Los Cachorros Club, said that the initiative has been very well accepted by the residents.

"The reception has been very good and has been very well accepted by the public, motorcyclists, deliveries, those for personal use, couriers, and in general they have come very well, people are coming to register their motorcycle at the Club Los cachorros, "said Agramonte.

While affixing his new identification to his protective helmet, Rey Alexander de la Cruz, who works as a motoconcho, said after completing the process that he will now walk safer and that the authorities will not bother him on the streets.

On his side, Luis Manuel Germosén Bonilla, said what: "I came because I like to walk freely in the street, I do not like to walk with restrictions with the authorities and that is why I went because I like to walk in order (...) I saw President Abinader's measure and I consider it very good, it is better because we are going to be identified. "

How is the proccess?

As explained by employees of the "My Safe Country" plan, the process consists of going with the motorcycle and identity card and making the payment corresponding to the cost of the license through the BanReservas or in the collection centers and then it is issued The document.

At the end, you are given a sticker to be placed behind the protective helmet, which contains the license plate number of the motorcycle.

Voluntary disarmament

Under the slogan "Quillao '+ pistol, jail", a voluntary disarmament center was set up to encourage the voluntary delivery of illegal weapons into the hands of the population.

According to the declarations of those in charge of the disarmament plan, the volunteers will be able to obtain an incentive or voucher card, electrical appliances, courses, scholarships, among others when they come to bring weapons to the centers.

Present at the scene were Víctor Castro, Vice Minister of Arms Control; Gerald de los Santos, Executive Director of Disarmament; Director of Control and Registration of weapons, Danyera Ramírez, who assured that they hope that the campaign, launched yesterday, will be effective and achieve the main objective, which is to reduce the levels of violence in the neighborhoods.

Vests are going to be issued to registered motos:

What is the motorcycle registration announced in the Public Safety Strategy?

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualidad/ … IC26710109

Among the points that President Luis Abinader announced this Friday as part of the Citizen Security Strategy "My Safe Country" , in addition to the disarmament plan, is the registration of motorcycles, described by the authorities as a control mechanism.

José Luis Mendoza, spokesman for the Strategy, told Diario Libre that what is sought with this registry is that motoconchistas who are regulated within associations make use of vests with an identification number that is affiliated with the owner of the motor.

The spokesperson indicated that what is sought with this is that the motorcycles of the identified owners are not used to commit criminal acts.

Mendoza reported that this Saturday the authorities began an uprising at the Los Cacharros Club, near the National Zoo and at the Quisqueya Stadium. 704 motoconchistas participated in these activities .

He noted that “this is a complete record. The vest will be used, but the process of obtaining a license and getting up to date with other documents "with the corresponding authorities" will also be facilitated to those within the associations.

He argued that the registry will not only work with motoconchistas, since the initiative integrates three other categories : couriers, deliveries and private use, the latter would entail a more detailed work.

He added that the pilot plan being developed in Cristo Rey "seeks to generate statistics that can be used in preventive strategies and methodologies for patrolling, surveillance, hot spots, and that (later) can be implemented in other places."

He argued that, despite the fact that the initiative will be led by the Ministry of the Interior and Police, various institutions will work to develop the measure. Mendoza said that the registration plan will be disseminated by the media and social networks to urge the population to participate in the process.

No vests, but the process of registering motorcycles seems to be going well as it gets expanded from Cristo Rey through District National, and one presumes will soon be expanded to elsewhere in the country. A very long way to go - but positive news.

Motorcyclists attend for the regularization process

License. Last Wednesday there were 32,970 citizens who registered to obtain their motorcycle licenses.

https://eldia.com.do/motociclistas-acud … arizacion/

The process of regulation for motorcycles by the National Institute of Land Traffic (INTRANT) has passed quickly and relatively easily.
This is the point of view of some of the users who went to the established places to obtain the licenses.

"I thought that everything was going to be difficult, but they have done everything quickly, because there are several boxes charging and that is very important for it to be fast," said Alexis Ramírez, from the 27 de Febrero neighborhood.

Likewise, Ramírez explained that the whole process costs 600 pesos and takes a few minutes, since they have to take the photos, and then withdraw the licenses.

Another person who liked the procedure to obtain the licenses was Pedro Encarnación, from Nuevo Amanecer, Rincón de las Américas neighborhood, who said that the process consists of billing and proceeding to withdraw the license.

The supervisor of the Intrant, Dionis Sánchez, said that to take the steps from start to finish the user must have the license plate, ID, motorcyclist license, motor and helmet.
Sánchez assured that more than 800 people attend the place daily depending on how the weather situation is.

The National Institute of Land Traffic (Intrant) reported that a total of 32,970 people have carried out the motorcycle regularization procedure to reduce traffic accidents in the country.

According to the Intrant, yesterday 2,938 people were added to the registration of licenses in the different points enabled in the National District.

Likewise, he explained that this process applies to all people who own a motorcycle, motorcycle concho, courier, private transport and for delivery.

- Registration

For the registration of motorcycles, citizens must have as requirements, motorcycles, helmets, identification and payment of 600 pesos of tax in the Reserve Bank, INTRANT virtual office and in the registration points established in the National District.

We've noticed more and more roadblocks with the police waiving cars through and just stopping motos.

We've also noticed a huge increase in the number of bicycles around Las Terrenas! It used to be unusual to see one, and now we know we'll see at least a few each time we drive through town. I have to wonder if it's because they can't get a moto license.

They will not be issuing vests, that would be ridiculous because you know either they wouldn't wear one, they would buy a fake one with someone else's id, or who knows what else.  Many don't even wear helmets when it's the law.  This new system is better but I am sure will have some issues.  My husband went the other day.  Even though you may have a driver's license, you will need a special category 1 motorcycle license,  You need to go to the registration center with your motorcycle or moped, your helmet, and your ID.  You pay 600 pesos (I recommend using a card to cut down your wait time as the cash line is much longer) and they register you, give you a sticker which must be placed on your helmet and worn at all times, and your 3-year license.  I recommend if you can do it in your area to do it soon.  We have seen motos pulled over and taken due to nonregistration so I am not sure when things like that might happen nationwide. My husband was there and back in about 45 minutes and he said it was quite easy to do.  Good luck all!

Is a firefighter EMT I was just about to say that. It's crazy the amount of accidents we go to and see stuff and then you come here and see people you know 20 miles over the speed limit on the wrong side of the road or people going through red lights like they're nothing it definitely is a shocking site

Yes, luckily we have not seen a serious accident, which is in itself shocking giving the driving habits. The aftermath of one or two but not actually witnessed one, which I imagine would not be pretty. We've sold one of our pasolas and the other is going to be sold here shortly. It's just too dangerous to ride a two wheeler here. Frankly if I couldn't drive a car here we wouldn't live here.

As for vests I just don't see that working, for reasons stated above.

We ride our bikes because it's healthy and good for the planet. Also, we can go where even the motos are not allowed. Come with us!

I drove thru Nagua y'day

Saw LOTS of Conchos w/ vests and name/number on the back

Making progress and registration is about to spread out from the capital.

They confiscate the bikes in DN and you have to get registered to get your bike back!

Authorities will deliver motorcycles held at the Dog Track to their owners

https://eldia.com.do/autoridades-entreg … pietarios/

Santo Domingo.- The National Institute of Traffic and Land Transport (Intrant) and the General Directorate of Traffic Safety and Land Transport (Digesett) will deliver to their owners the motorcycles that have been detained at the Santo Domingo Dog Track and that were seized by different traffic offenses.

"In conjunction with the Digesett, we are here to inform the public that from today they can remove motorcycles that have been detained for various reasons," reported Rafael Arias, director of the Intrant.

The Director of the Intrant explained that the interest of these actions is that both the motorcycles, as well as the drivers of these, circulate properly identified, by means of the labeling of the helmet, which will correspond to the same number of the plate of the engine that they drive.

He added that, in the event that the motorcycle does not have a license plate, an identification QR code will be created for them, so that they are registered and with their driver's license, a requirement required by law 63-17, to travel on public roads. .

While, the director of the General Directorate of Traffic Safety and Land Transport (Digesett), General, Antonio Guzmán Peralta, highlighted that from now on, any person who has his motorcycle detained for the aforementioned offenses, can go to pick it up at Canódromo, in order for him to leave the place with his vehicle up to date and emphasized that the process has a mandatory nature, "that is why we are here, to support citizens in this regard."

He specified that among the requirements is to present the legal documentation that proves the ownership of the motorcycle, as well as the registration, insurance and protective helmet to later be duly registered in the National Motorcycle Plan.

This action, coordinated by Intrant and Digesett, is part of the National Strategy for Citizen Security "My Safe Country", launched by the Dominican Government.

Current records

The National Motorcycle Registration Plan, which to date has more than 78,300 registrations settled in the centers located in the Quisqueya Stadium, Los Cachorros de Cristo Rey, the National Botanical Garden parking lot, the Livestock City, as well as in strategic areas from Santo Domingo Este such as the Parque del Este and the Club de los Billeteros.

In the same order, Santo Domingo Norte has a registration center in the Mamá Tingó Metro Station parking lot and the last registration point is at El Coco Canodromo, on Avenida Monumental, DN

According to the press release sent by the Intrant, the head of the governing body of transport, Rafael Arias, pointed out that “we will be in the National District until the 31st of this month and from there we are moving towards other demarcations of Greater Santo Domingo.

In that order, Arias urged motorcyclists to go to the National Motorcycle Registration Plan, since, despite the facilities offered, motorcycles that are not regularized, within a period recommended hereinafter, will be retained by the authorities. relevant.

Motor cyclists in Greate Santo Domingo will have upto 20th October to get their vehicles regstered and a sticker pasted on their helmet.

National motorcycle registration extended for one month

[i]The Minister of the Interior and Police, Jesús Vásquez Martínez, has reported that to date more than 124,000 motorcycles have been identified.

https://listindiario.com/la-republica/2 … tocicletas

The Government has decided to extend, until October 20, the deadline for the mandatory registration of motorcycles in Greater Santo Domingo, a key part of citizen security policies.

The director of the National Institute of Transit and Land Transport (Intrant), Rafael Arias, reported yesterday at a press conference at the National Palace that after this period, those citizens who are not regularized will be inspected and sanctioned as mandated by Law 63-17 of Mobility, Land Transport, Traffic and Road Safety.

"We want to highlight that the measure is not only for motoconchistas, but for all motorcycle users in Greater Santo Domingo, including motoconchistas, deliveries, couriers and motorcyclists for private use," he said. To do so, he added, they must go with a motorcycle, ID and a protective helmet, ”said Arias.

Authorized centers He added that to guarantee compliance with this provision, eight centers have been enabled throughout Greater Santo Domingo, located in Ciudad Ganadera; Cable car station, in Sabana Perdida; East Park; Club Los Cachorros, in Cristo Rey; parking spaces of the Quisqueya Stadium, Botanical Garden, Santo Domingo Oeste City Hall, and the Plazoleta, in front of the Cristo Redentor Cemetery.

These centers operate from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 in the morning to 4:00 in the afternoon, and on Saturdays from 8:00 in the morning to 2:00 in the afternoon.

Fighting crime

On his side, the Minister of the Interior and Police, Jesús Vásquez Martínez, affirmed that as the person responsible for the design and planning of policies on citizen security, the government makes an effort to deal with criminal acts in its different modalities in the country.

“When we got to the Ministry of the Interior and Police, we realized that 75% of the criminal acts that were committed in the streets of the country were done with two people on board a motorcycle, so we decided to take concrete actions like this one that you they are getting to know ”, assured the minister.

Identified motorcycles

In addition, he said that since the beginning of the implementation of the Comprehensive Citizen Security Strategy My Safe Country, which has among its main axes the identification of motorcycles, more than 124,000 have already been identified.

The press conference was led by the Minister of the Presidency, Lisandro Macarrrulla, and the directors of the National Police, Major General Edward Ramón Sánchez González and the General Directorate of Traffic Safety and Land Transport (Digesett), General Ramón Antonio Guzmán Peralta brigade.

The National Motorcycle Registry, in compliance with Law 63-17, establishes the mandatory use of a protective helmet labeled with the motorcycle license plate, as well as obtaining a category 1 driver's license.

The measure was adopted taking into account the existence of motorcycles that, for various reasons, are not identified with the plate or documents, agreeing to proceed to their registration under the direct responsibility of the user of that means of transport.[/i]

Driving around District National, most motorcylclists now wear helmets with the sticker evident. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds in the outer barrios of SD.

Most motorcyclists probably live outside Greater Santo Domingo and that is where the greater challenge will be next to register all motos.

They just keep extending that deadline.

Typically Dominican:

Crowded with people wearing motorcycle registration centers on their last day

https://noticiassin.com/pais/abarrotado … ia-1181938

The motorcycle regularization centers in Greater Santo Domingo have been crowded with people this Friday when there are only one hour left until the extension of the plan that seeks to identify each motorist and label their helmets as a way to prevent use of those vehicles in criminal acts.

Users of this means of transport explained that they waited until the last day due to lack of money.

The long lines to complete the procedure began very early in the morning at the different regularization centers.

While several motorcyclists insist that they had not been regularized because they did not have the money, others still show apathy about the program, but to carry out the process and obtain the labels for their respective helmets and vests for fear of being arrested and fined by the agents of transit from this Saturday.

The government's plan that seeks to control motorists is seen as a failure by users and they affirm that even though they are up to date with their documents, they are besieged by the authorities.

Although the second extension for regularization concludes this Friday, the centers will continue to be open so that those who have not completed the procedure can do so.

The project began on June 4 with a pilot plan in which some 15 motorists from the capital completed the process. Since September, the program has been extended to different centers in Greater Santo Domingo and the palace has been extended twice.

Note that it is only Greater Santo Domingo for now where a helmet with sticker showing you have a registered motorbike will be mandated from tomorrow.

@lennoxnev this is currently going on with my granddaughters boyfriend. He was told he had all of the documents but was still rounded up on Friday with a large group with bikes. He was waiting on a Uber order when this happened. He still hasn't gotten his bike back and he has been told he has the necessary paperwork. They asking for an original title but he doesnt own it yet.. the last time he did t need the original title.. They have been to some compound all day except Sunday and they won't release his moto.. I can NOT believe that this type of corruption is acceptable and practiced in this century.  I can see why there is so much poverty. The police and the government officials are corrupt and have no moral compass. I guess they don't know that life doesn't get better for those that take advantage of people just trying to make a living… sorry I'm not there to help so I can hear their frustration.  Have a great day.

They asking for an original title but he doesnt own it yet.

Original title is proof of ownership. Plenty of motos get robbed here. He needs to prove ownership or permission from the registered owner to use the moto.

It is another case of the loose application of laws being tightened up with motos and drivers needing to get registered. This requirement is spreading from the capital to other towns and cities. I am seeing moto riders with stickers on helmets in rural DR regularly now.
There is always a. Lot of screaming when laws are enforced. If he had ALL his papers they would not keep his moto.  No permission no moto. Simple
Bought a pasola new from the dealer.  It took 2 plus years to get the matricula and we pressed lots of buttons to get it.  There are no laws here.  Everyone from the President on down just does what they want when they want.  It's all a big show.  Money...money...money... The sooner you get it the sooner your life will will settle down...
My friend bought one 6 months ago and said it will b another 9 months at least before he gets his, and he knows “ all “ the ins and out of the paper work system….😟
As of July 15, the Intrant will fine motorcycles that are not registered

The measure will be applied in the provinces that have already concluded the process
There are only 555 thousand motorcycles registered out of a total of 2.8 million

The National Institute of Traffic and Land Transportation ( Intrant ) reported this Monday that as of July 15, the control of users who have not complied with the motorcycle registration process will begin , in accordance with Law 63-17 of Mobility, Transportation Land, Traffic and Road Safety of the Dominican Republic.

The measure, which seeks to regulate the use of this type of vehicle on the country's public roads, will be effective in the provinces where the process has concluded on July 15, such as Santo Domingo, Santiago, San Cristóbal, Peravia, San Pedro de Macoris and Duarte.

Similarly, the inspection will be carried out in Hato Mayor, La Romana, La Altagracia, Monseñor Nouel, Monte Plata, Hermanas Mirabal, Espaillat, El Seibo, Valverde, Montecristi and Elías Piña.

The agency's press release indicates that, at present, the services of the National Motorcycle Registration Plan are carried out in Nagua, Samaná, Sánchez Ramírez, San Juan, Dajabón, La Vega, Barahona, and the National District.

It is recalled that the measure that began in June 2021 is due to the National Strategy for Citizen Security "My Safe Country", which is headed by the Ministry of the Interior and Police, and to date, has more than 555 thousand units registered.

In addition to guaranteeing citizen safety, with the registration of motorcycles , the Government seeks to contribute to road safety by promoting the use of a protective helmet as an essential element to travel in this mode of transport.

Established registration points are available to all motorcycle users , regardless of their use or function and in compliance with  Law 63-17 . The process establishes the mandatory use of a protective helmet, labeled with the motorcycle license plate, as well as obtaining a category 1 driver's license.

I have been surprised to see recently an increasing number but still few moto drivers having helmets with stickers in Monte Plata, Monsenor Noeul and Sanchez Ramirez provinces and Digisett agents pulling over those without helmets. It was always an massive task when this stared a year ago and having about 20% registered is probably as good as could have been expected.

It hasn't reached deep campo yet other than the school teachers riding from Sabana to the rural schools.
It will be interesting to see with more registration centres opened provincially and fines being levied if there is an significant increase in registrations.

Puerto Plata province is not mentioned but I did read they were registering riders there in the past.
II read this as well and to be honest I think it's a joke. I live in the capital and they were all gung-ho last year to push people to get it done and I can tell you that motorcyclists drive right in front of AMET who is standing on the corner, on the telephone, and chatting with one another in the shade. They see them driving down the street in the wrong direction, on the sidewalk,, two, three, four people on a motorcycle, no helmet, no plate Etc and nothing is done. Until they find people who actually want to do their job I don't see anything changing. We literally even have cars driving up the street on the wrong side right in front of the police officers and they do absolutely nothing.  We nearly had a head-on collision a couple of times because we were turning off the main road on to one of the intersecting Avenues and as we were turning someone was coming up the wrong side of the street and nearly smashed into us. And I mean two major streets with cemented Fighters between them. People do this cuz they don't want to be bothered to wait at the light so they drive on the opposite side so they can blow the light and cut in front of everyone. There is also a smaller school on this very same street and we stopped AMET to tell them that a motorcyclist almost took out a mom and her two young kids because he was riding on the sidewalk and his answer was, "What do you want me to do about it?" and he threw his hands up in the air. Until the attitude of people and the officers who are responsible for upholding the laws changes, nothing will change. My husband is furious that he went through the process when they first required it only to have people driving all around here without the proper requirements. There are motorcycles driving for Carroll pharmacy, the food delivery services, and comados all around my neighborhood without a plate or helmet.
That was one hell of a rant.  You Are not wrong.
@planner
Sorry about that, it's just frustrating when your a visitor in the country who respects the law more than the locals and when your family's life is put into danger day after day because of the irresponsibility of others. We purchased a car camera that turns on the second the car starts and records until we turn the car off just as a precaution. We've already been hit by a driver who felt it was their right to just whip around the corner and rush into the lane smashing into the back of our car. That whole scenario was a nightmare so we had decided to purchase the camera so that there would be no question as to whose fault it is, should we ever be in another accident. Each day that you get home alive if you have to be thankful.
I absolutely understand your frustration.  I often feel exactly the same! 

What you posted was not wrong honey!  You said what most of us feel.
Yes, very frustrating. I also suggest having a plan of action if you are in any traffic mishap (i.e. what do you do when the local moto runs a light and hits you). You may assume it is always going to be your fault, even if it is not. I know around here they immediately hold out their hand demanding money. I would advise NOT exiting your vehicle, and have the local police phone number on hand or immediately drive to the station if possible.

Also, a dash cam is a necessity. We always always turn our camera on no matter how far we are going.

I am sure others can contribute to the subject, especially those that have experience with accidents and such.
all good advice,  if you cannot get to a police station then go to the nearest medical clinic or hospital.  They are all considered safe havens. 

IF it is serious immediately go to police or hospital!   If it is not a serious accident then  you judge accordingly,.

On this note, make sure your insurance has "casa de conductor"  coverage.  That provides you a place to stay where you are protected, police will come to you, insurance adjuster will come to you etc.  It is very valuable in case of a serious accident. Here they will put you in jail while they investigate! It will not matter whose fault it is, you can be held in jail.
Really good advise you guys! Thank you
@planner

Great advice Planner. I will have to check our policy to see if we have that.  Is that in lieu of jail?

We also have a great car cam which records a wide range in front and rear for our protection. If anyone is searching for one let me know and I can share the information. We bought it off of Amazon.
Yes that is in lieu of jail
I would love the camera info!
@lmclmf2009
I find this very frustrating too.  They drive as if they own the road and have no care in the world about their safety, the rules of the road, their passengers or the other drivers; only care that they want to get past you and get to where they want to go.  This often results in tragedy.  So far I have been lucky not to witness one of these accidents.  Almost better if you die.  If they get injured and are unable to work or walk for months, or suffer a brain injury they will have learned a lesson but its too high a price to pay.   Its a good start these new rules, and over time things will improve.