Teaching jobs in Spain

Hi

I recently completed a TEFL course and seeking employment as a esl teacher in Spain .English is my native language but I don't have a teaching degree and I think some places want that
I'm from South Africa so I need a visa as well .

Does anyone know of any work programs available or recruitment agencies ?

The TEFL on its own without experience won't get you wellpaid work but you can probably get assistant teacher jobs at schools to get that vital experience. The pay, at the start, will be very low indeed. If your Spanish is good that will help. I did my TEFL in 2017 and have been teaching online ever since for a Chinese academy but the pay was recently restructured (there are, you can imagine, thousands looking for online jobs this last year) and it is now not very well paid either.

I have a British passport and came in before Brexit, for me the easiest path to residency was to register as self-employed (autónoma) and once you are in the system as a tax payer, getting the green card was virtually a formality. It's an expensive option because of the "social" but that does cover medical and if you can put in 15 years or more, a pension. Sterkte!

Thank you! Il look into it .
I have tried looking for teaching assistant jobs but haven't found anything

Whoever you did your TEFL through will have a jobs board on their website for graduates but some of those were very dodgy, like homing with families. The assistant jobs are often word of mouth rather than advertised,  or you can phone schools to offer yourself but that's where you need that good Spanish I mentioned  :cool:

Has anyone heard of FitsLanguage? The platform is a scam. They bargain their rates to EUR2.50 per class and that could not even pay a teacher. Fitslanguage did not pay the teachers for 3 months and the teachers were removed access to the platform and the owner named Ann disappeared but the platform continues to collect money from students, moved to different parts of the Philippines to hire new teachers she will runaway from. The students who requested for refund did not hear from her anymore. In addition, the teachers were terrible almost like A1 level.

Hello Franco,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

However, you have posted on an old thread.

Since you are new on the forum, I advise you to introduce yourself on the thread  New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]

Closed