Seeking accomadations in HCMC

I plan to arrive in HCMC in May, after 14 quarrentine, I'm looking for an apartment to rent. Need office workspace. 2 adults + one baby. Any recommendations?

Which district are you looking for?

devarj57 wrote:

I plan to arrive in HCMC in May, after 14 quarrentine, I'm looking for an apartment to rent. Need office workspace. 2 adults + one baby. Any recommendations?

Please check the housing listings on this site:

expat.com/en/housing/asia/vietnam/ho-chi-minh-city/

Having said that, nobody makes long range reservations for any housing when they come to Vietnam.

Especially be extremely leery of any agents who attempt to reply to your post here in this forum.

It's been posted here many times, but your best bet is to come and stay in a personally affordable hotel or Airbnb for 3 days to 1 week, then scout your preferred neighborhood and find a suitable apartment when you are ideally face-to-face with the landlord.

There is a good YouTube video link posted at the beginning of this thread:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=924197

Even more important than finding an apartment is finding one or two Vietnamese friends who are willing to assist you with your search by being an interpreter.

Or, if you're not good at making friends, you should be able to find someone (through recommendations here) who will help you with your search for a modest fee.

Again, avoid so-called agents who do little more than search the a Vietnamese classified ads for you, and then contact landlords and get a commission for bringing you to the property and getting you to rent it.

Good luck.

Saigon Domaine Luxury Residences is a good option : )

Duc Vo wrote:

District 1

I suggest Vinhome Golden River then, but the rental price would be the pain

Oceanbeach offered you sage advice. If it were me I would get on the ground, find temporary quarters and get a lay of the land. Renting as with anything else here has its mine fields. Have seen people rent out property they do not even own. Get any lease notarized or you could be evicted by the bank that holds the house book .Notaries will find that . Vinhomes Central Park has an abundance of daily and monthly rentals at good rates. Of course, that depends on your view. But great place to live and never have to leave the complex if you so choose. International school and international hospital as well. Shopping mall, grocery chain. I stay there whenever I am in Sai Gon and can give you a contact or 2 if you wish. Just PM me.

devarj57 wrote:
Duc Vo wrote:

District 1

There's a company called Hoozing that is very reputable. They verify all there listings and mostly offer modern apartments if that is what you are looking for. It is also a good website see what current asking rental prices are in various districts. Google them.