Best health care city in SE Asia? need opinion from people.

Hello all, im a french guy having enough of french people and wanting to have a change of pace.
I love Asia and all my trips in Asia were the bests.
I heard that Bangkok hospitals were good.
But i prefer to hear opinion from people that articles online.

Im open to all towns as long as its within 20min of a good hospital that can take care of old people problems as im thinking about moving with my parents.

Thanks for reading and your suggestions.
Have a nice day

Bonjour,  Bangkok has Bumrungrad hospitals , world leaders in excellence , 20 mins from hospital wont get you to far in Bangkoks traffic . Also consider the cost , health insurance wont cover most age related ailments or existing conditions . I think Bumrungrad has a website .
Hope this helps
Thierry.

Oh thank you for your answer, its reassuring to hear about that from the hospital.
As im french i have a french health care called CFE, caisse des francais de l etranger, i should look at what they cover exactly .
Is health care expensive if its not covered by inssurance?

I would like to say that you don't have to go to the most expensive hospital to get excellent healthcare. We have been living in Thailand for 8 years and have had good luck with private hospitals & public hospitals. We don't have insurance because one of us is married to a Thai. But if you come here to live immigration will make you buy health insurance I'm not sure of the cost but it will depend on age & medical conditions.  I am dealing with a blood clot and am on blood thinners. A community hospital charged 300.00 dollars for all the tests and 100.00 dollars for imported prescriptions am sure you could pay less for the drugs but I wanted something that had few side effects. Doctor visits are 15.00 to 30.00 depending on what kind of hospital you go to. Thailand used to be easier & cheaper but some expats would get sick and not pay there hospital bills. Now health insurance is required to live here. Good luck. Patrick

California4me wrote:

I would like to say that you don't have to go to the most expensive hospital to get excellent healthcare. We have been living in Thailand for 8 years and have had good luck with private hospitals & public hospitals. We don't have insurance because one of us is married to a Thai. But if you come here to live immigration will make you buy health insurance I'm not sure of the cost but it will depend on age & medical conditions.  I am dealing with a blood clot and am on blood thinners. A community hospital charged 300.00 dollars for all the tests and 100.00 dollars for imported prescriptions am sure you could pay less for the drugs but I wanted something that had few side effects. Doctor visits are 15.00 to 30.00 depending on what kind of hospital you go to. Thailand used to be easier & cheaper but some expats would get sick and not pay there hospital bills. Now health insurance is required to live here. Good luck. Patrick

Can you tell me what difference it makes being married to a Thai and a farang not needing/having insurance.
Insurance for a farang is only needed with an O-A visa, not a long term O or O retirement visa/extension, I don't have insurance.

OP, hospital care can be very expensive, even Thais have to pay for certain treatments. I am not sure your mum and dad would like the Thai way of life, or even the food, but if you are loaded with cash, will cook your own food it could work.
I have lived in Thailand for many years, and for sure I would not do what you are thinking of doing.

thanks for the answer. Yeah price goes up everywere.
Im not too concerned about the daily life but more about all those extra cost or  cost you dont see too often on forum.
I guess with my insurance they wont ask for another one?
Thailand seems like a nice choice for now as health care access is important for me.
I hope you are all well now . And wish you a nice day

Got operation on Private and Military hospital.
I can say i choose the Military hospital every time for sure.

Price is Of cause Thai price and not the over price one find in Private Hospital.

The staff at Military hospital are more about taking care of you, Where i found at Private hospital the staff was more about trying to get me to take pills, That the charge stupid amount for.

Still remember how they try to get me to take pain killers after the operation, And i say No thanks, The pain i fell is very minimal so i dont need them.

All so, My pain Doctor at Military hospital, All so work at a Private hospital aim for foreigner, And she told me years back, That IF i have come to the private hospital, I have to pay +300.000 Thai baht more for the same thing, That the same Doctor is doing.

For me, I fell like A Stupid white Buffalo, If i every pay that for no good reason.
She tell me the price have gone up over the years, Where the price at the Military Hospital have only gone up once.

I use Hospital in Bangkok, Nonthaburi and Chonburi and i found the Doctor´s on the many hospital i use over the years, To be same high standart as back home in Denmark, BUT Pain treatment Doctors and the Military hospital are lightyears ahead of Denmark, The treatment i am getting i start on in 2012, And was told it be around for some years before that, And in Denmark they dont even have it the option to help people this way, So (many) Doctors and Hospital dont even know about the treatment, As i have many friends back home asking me to send them information about my treatment  for them to take to there Doctor / Hospital to get help.

Kindly.

Hello, can I ask what kind of problem do you have? That you need pain management? I to go to a Air Force hospital for my swollen veins. Am on blood thinners for 3 months to get rid of a blood clot. I found a Chinese herbal doctor that gave me some tea to drink for my legs, In one week they were completely back to normal, no more swollen legs any more. That same doctor gave me pills for high blood pressure in only a few days my blood pressure had returned to normal so he said to stop, I haven't had blood pressure problems since. So I use both western & eastern medicine in Thailand. But I still haven't been able to control my back pain.  Patrick

@thailand4me.

I have 3 damage disc in my back, I have many joints pain.
(Each facet joint is connected to two small medial branch nerves that carry pain signals from the facet joints to the brain.)

So to cut it short, I get injection once a year, Where they stop the signal of my pains to reach my brain, And when my brain dont get the signal, It think i am fine. (I still have the pain, But dont feel it, As my brain dont get the signals)
So i can then walk, bicycle and swim.
My pain is reduce 90%-95%.

I have stop eating pain killers every days for years and years, Still have pain killers, If i get some pain.

Pain can come now and then, If i over do it, But relax a day or 2, And i fine again.

It have taking long time to find what work on me, Nearly 3 years where i go to hospital every 1-3-6 month to try out this or that.
But that all good today, I dont regrets spend the time and money that i use for it.

A friend of mine, The first option for his injection at the hospital, work on him, Lucky man...
So he only need once a year from the beginning.

The treatment work on 80% of people, As 20% it dont work on.
Some thing about the medicin dont work on the 20% i think I was told.

I watch Thai come in, In wheelchair not able to walk, Leave the hospital walking.
So I think it is great.

Kindly.

Never Done That

Alpha lipoic Acid is by far the best remedy! I use it and it works!

Many foods contain alpha-lipoic acid in very low amounts. They include spinach, broccoli, yams, potatoes, yeast, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, carrots, beets, and rice bran. Red meat -- and particularly organ meat -- is also a source of alpha-lipoic acid.

Never done that. How did you get damaged like this.?  Did you have a injury from car accident?  How can you arrange to get this shot.  What are the side effects?  Patrick

The damage come from manual work.

Well one first have to go see a "A normal pain Doctor", If he/she think one is ready for the pain clinic, They run some test to see if you body say yes or no to the treatment.
If the Doctor think there is other option, The Doctor might want you to try that first.

Then one go see the Special pain Doctor, And again IF he/she think to go ahead.
Then you need a MRI Scan of the pain area(s), At the military hospital  normal 3 month wait time for this, But you can choose to do at private hospital, So you can skip the wait time.

Price is nearly the same at military and "Thai" private hospital.

Then they do a test injection, That only work for 7-10 days.
To see if it work and how you body react to it.

After that it is hard to say what option the Doctor choose for you, As there is multi option for the long turn injection, And they price for it start low and go pretty high up.

If you lucky that it, You find a way.
Or if you unlucky like I was, It can take years to find the right injection type and so on.
Like I say, around 3 years before we found it for me.

Again this was the way I start it, Back in 2012, So no idea if thing have change since then.

Kindly.

Forgot about risk.

Risks
Common side effects include:

Temporary numbness
Temporary pain at the procedure site

Rarely, more-serious complications may occur, including:

Bleeding
Infection
Nerve damage

Thanks for explaining to me. I already know am not going to be a candidate for that procedure. I was a Chef and stood on my legs for 12-16 hours a day cooking with heavy pots & pans. So what I have is my 2 lower vertebrae's are rubbing each other. Am using Advil to control the pain and I use a back support. If I keep my weight off & swim everyday it's manageable. Patrick

If you are French and want warmer climate with cheaper prices, go Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria or Romania. Still within 2-3 hrs flight from France and with none of the health insurance issues you will find here. Insurance is very expensive here and more so for older people. No insurance? Money has to be paid before you can leave the hospital.

People mentioned food, but even coffee is different here then in Europe and for European coffee you will pay four times the money. It is not all roses they can show on glossy ads about retiring here.  Stay in Europe and if you need warmer and cheaper, you got options within EU. A month here will be plentiful to come for.