Kids with a little English

Hi,
we want to move to Malta in early 2022. Now I am afraid that my girls will have language problems. They will be 12 1/2 and 11 and only speak a little school English and of course zero Maltese (fluent German and good French won't help them much).
Do you have recommendations and reassuring experiences?
What class will they be (Junior School, Middle School, ... unfortunately I didn't understand 100%)
Can they repeat the class to catch up on the language?
Can they join in the current semester (e.g. in February)?
They will probably go to a state school (they should definitely learn Maltese), I think the international one is extremely overpriced, I'm not sure about the private ones and unfortunately there is no German-Maltese or French-Maltese school  :D 
Thanks

International schools are not too badly priced compared to europe imo.

Aside from that, kids learn fast, get them english lessons now, a year is a long time.

This  post was posed in 2021. ???

Within 2 years the kids have learned Maltese very well.

Within 2 years the kids have learned Maltese very well.
-@hanselmar5

I agree. I came to live in Malta as an adult but manage to learn (self taught myself) spoken Maltese in about 2 years. I have never attended formal Maltese lessons, my own fault as there are plenty available, so whilst I can manage to read Maltese, unfortunately I struggle to write more than a few words. 1f644.svg

Even though the original question was posted in 2021, I will leave some information here regarding the integration children who do not speak English and/or Maltese into schools in Malta. Perhaps this can help parents thinking of moving to Malta.

Some of the children coming from a migrant background and accessing schooling in Malta cannot as yet communicate in the languages of schooling (Maltese and English). The Ministry for Education and Sport (MEDS), through the Migrant Learners' Unit (MLU), provides an induction programme through which these children are supported to learn these languages in order to be able to access mainstream curriculum and benefit from it.

In its efforts to address effectively the needs of children and their families, the MLU runs various initiatives, including after school initiatives addressed to migrant learners such as the ‘Language to Go' Summer Intensive language Course for migrant learners in compulsory schooling.

facebook.com/migrantlearnersunitmalta