Looking for advice on domicile

Hello,

I'm an international phd student in Gent. I've just received my residence permit. Since I dont have to follow any lectures and with Covid I haven't been able to go out much, I would like to go home at least until September. I'm not sure it is possible for me just to go home and not rent a place here, at the same time I dont want to pay for a room I wont be using at all. My question is: Can I leave without having an address in Gent and If not, is there any possibility of someone renting me a place just for the domicile at a reasonable price?

Thank you for any help or advice.

Hello,

well, technically speaking, you can't travel outside Belgium for non-essential reason right now. (Family death, work, leaving Belgium for good, ...)

As a student visa holder, that might not be the best idea ever, if you want to renew your resident card next year...

Especially knowing that university are going to let students go back soon. (school will start "again" in April)
With vaccination & warmer weather coming, you can expect that the current covid19 situation will stabilize before June.
Meaning that you can expect the examination to be done physically at the university in June, and not in remote...
My 2 cents~