In Manila for Wife's CR-1 Interview

Hi,

We flew in from Tacloban March 3, wife had her medical exam March 4 & 5, and her Visa interview is March 15. We fly back to Tacloban March 16. The airport's were pretty deserted.

For the St. Luke's medical exam, please be advised that the first in line arrived at 4am. My wife arrived at 6:15am and was 76 on the list. By the time she was called at 10:30, the first people had already finished.  The second day was quicker for her.

We are staying at Sea Residences, by Mall of Asia, in Pasay.  A couple of relatives visited us, then a day later, their barangay was locked down for 14 days, due to a high number of CV19 cases, with some positive for South African strain.  We are taking plenty of vitamins and zinc, as per FLCCC Alliance protocol.

Mall of Asia is like a ghost town, compared to 2019.  The economic downturn is very apparent.

Hope to hear some good news after her interview.  Will probably fly to US mid-late April.

Great info Moonunit. And good news too!  Congratulations!

Are you planning to reside in the States or the Philippines?

I need some medical care that is not available here, so am not sure at this point. US culture is pretty bad and is getting worse.

I agree with that.

We have discussed having children of our own, and if that happens, I want them growing up in the Philippines.  I like that people are tied to their family, which is not so in the US, at least with my family.

Wife seems to be excited about going to the US and getting a job, so she can buy property in the Philippines.  Worried I might not see much of her, that she becomes a workaholic.

Her interview is in about 12 hours.

What if the wife gets a job in the US, how's that affecting your dreams of raising the kids in the Philippines?
Were you planning to retire in the Philippines?

'Tied to the family' that is one thing I cherish too...but letting just 1 or 2 related people (elders) bear responsibility for a bunch of irresponsible adults/children makes no sense to me.
It works just fine if each individual family member strives on his own to be a responsible/respected member of the family ....& that does not apply only too the younger generation.
Anyways best of luck moonunit 0103.
& again Omho.

Her interview was this morning and she was approved for her Visa.  There were about 75 others for their 6:35am appointment.  She was done by around 8:30am.

We will have to see how things turn out.  If we do have kids, the only way I would approve of raising them in the US would be if they are in a church school or home school.  I am due cochlear implant surgery to correct for deafness, and I also have a rare medical condition that was diagnosed back in 2019 in Cebu.  The lab testing for my condition is not available in the Philippines, which may be a major reason for staying in the US.

I have been here almost 2 years, and liked it fine before the lockdown, but with things opening back up, maybe we can take a fun trip before we fly to US.

US Embassy just informed me that from  3/20 until 4/19/21 the only people allowed back into the Philippines are OFW, and only 1,500 we be allowed in each day.

OWF????

mugtech wrote:

US Embassy just informed me that from  3/20 until 4/19/21 the only people allowed back into the Philippines are OFW, and only 1,500 we be allowed in each day.

Yes it appears so..

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/philippines-b … 49611.html

Mateu wrote:

OWF????

No, OFW

ouiii ...... pardon Merci

moonunit0103 wrote:

Wife seems to be excited about going to the US and getting a job, so she can buy property in the Philippines.  Worried I might not see much of her, that she becomes a workaholic.

My wife is also hungry for U.S. money.  I've told her a hundred times that she cannot work in the U.S. without a work permit.  I applied for her to get a permanent residency and it has been over 2 years and they have not contacted us.  Meanwhile, I got my Philippine 13a and retired and we moved to Tacloban City.  I don't want to move back to the U.S.  I have no home there or job.  We've been building a house in TC since May of 2021.  Hopefully it will be finished in March of 2022.  My wife has a business in the Philippines so I see no need for her to work in the U.S.  Before the pandemic restrictions, her business was okay, but the restrictions have nearly destroyed it.

My wife and I have been together 16 years, at first we lived in Thailand then moved back to the states. My wife became and American citizen and became a nurse; she worked her butt off for 15 years. I retired and we moved back to the Ph. My point is everything in the states is about making money and if that is your focus then its a great opportunity, but otherwise is a lot of stress and very few real benefits; just a lot more things to buy. Just my opinion, peace and love.

moonunit0103 wrote:

Her interview was this morning and she was approved for her Visa.  There were about 75 others for their 6:35am appointment.  She was done by around 8:30am.

We will have to see how things turn out.  If we do have kids, the only way I would approve of raising them in the US would be if they are in a church school or home school.  I am due cochlear implant surgery to correct for deafness, and I also have a rare medical condition that was diagnosed back in 2019 in Cebu.  The lab testing for my condition is not available in the Philippines, which may be a major reason for staying in the US.

I have been here almost 2 years, and liked it fine before the lockdown, but with things opening back up, maybe we can take a fun trip before we fly to US.

Where do you live in the Philippines?  Did you move back to the U.S.?  In March 2021 I emigrated here from Maryland and live with my Philippine wife in Tacloban City.  She is too old to have children and I am too.  She has 3 grandchildren and I enjoy time with them, but not 24/7.  Been there, done that.

2 years ago I applied for her green card to the U.S.  We have not yet received any notice from the USCIS except for the notice that they received the application.