%30 Ruling After 6 Months Internship in Netherlands

Hi everyone,

I saw that there is lots of questions about the %30 ruling and lots of answers. I thought this is the right place to ask my question.

I have moved to Netherlands to have an internship for 6 months. After the 6 months if I get a full-time and expat job can I apply for the 30 ruling? I was living outside the Netherlands beforehand and more than 150km.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I don't think you can; however, it is a complicated subject and you would be far better off speaking to a tax consultant.  The IamAmsterdam organisation have a webpage that explains it pretty well, this link will take you straight there.  At the bottom of the page it takes you to, it has some contact information from where you can get a credible answer.

It would be useful if you could come back and let us know how you get on.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you for your reply!

Like you said it is a complicated subject and most of the people has a question or misunderstanding about it. I will get contact to IamAmsterdam platform and share their opinion about it. But I saw that you have commented to lot of people about this subject. Can I ask why do you think I dont fit the requirements?

Because you're already in the Netherlands; you have to be recruited directly from abroad to a specific post that cannot be filled by somebody already resident in the country.  Perhaps there is something about your specific role that confounds this, I don't know.

Your Forum information is confusing (it says you're a Dutch citizen and there is no further information).   In other words, you need to speak to somebody and disclose all the information, then they can give an informed response.