Opening bank account from overseas

Hello,

I am Mexican and planning on moving to Thailand, I am married to a Thai national and one way to move is to get a marriage visa, the thing is that I have to have a bank account in Thailand. Do you know if there is a bank or a way to open a bank account from overseas? Distance and cost make it a little difficult to go, open a bank account and then come back do the transfer, and go again.

Covid delayed everything a year already. so I was wondering if I can get some feedback on this issue.

I have been surfing the web and viewing bank requirements, but no luck so far.

Thank you

Cannot open account unless in Thailand.

Apply for Non-O visa in your country to visit wife.  Normally they are good for 60 days and can be extended for 30 days.  Everything is doable if you work quickly.

Open bank account during first week in your name only and deposit minimum of 400k baht.  Balance must not fall below 400k during two months prior to applying for marriage extension.

A few days before 60 days expire apply for 30 day extension.  While at immigration find out what documents are required for marriage extension.  This should give you two weeks to collect documents and photos required for marriage extension.

When you have 14-15 days left on 30 day extension go and apply for marriage extension.