COVID TESTING in the Bavaro, Los Corales area of Punta Cana

Does anyone have first-hand knowledge of where to go and get tested in this area?

- According to locals here, tests can cost as much as $270USD and many facilities run out.
- According to Copa Airlines, we don't need a Covid Test done before getting on the plane if you have no symptoms as you will get a test when arriving in PANAMA (Costing $30-50USD).
- However... On arrival at the airport, travellers were sent back to get tested and flights were cancelled when they have no test results.
- Tests needs to be done within 48 hours of landing in PANAMA. That seems to be a problem here too as they don't guarantee you will get your results in time.

I would appreciate some first-hand accurate information on this.
Thank you 🙏

Hello #LetsDoThis
I have just got my covid test done 14 days ago to fly back to Canada at the Referencia Lab at AV, Boulevard 1Ro Noviembre down the road by the Punta Cana Doctors They speak English in there and you can choose the kind of test needed for the air lines, we needed the PCR test for Canada and also can Pay extra cost for when you would like the results as you need one no older than 72 hours before your flight and we got the results 24 hours after our tests to make sure we had them in hand in lots of time and it cost us 5000 thousand pesos for that test but if you want the non 24 hour and wait for the 48 or 72 hour results it is a bit cheaper sorry cant remember the exact price for this service, but check with the airline which test is required for where you are going to fly to I hope this helped some

I will be checking it out this week and will report when I return.

https://do.usembassy.gov/embassy/u-s-ci … -republic/

For fast "as you wait" results, you can go to Hospiten in Veron.  I believe its $250USD per person.  Otherwise there is IMG Hospital between Veron and Friusa off of the autovia.  I believe its 1800 pesos but I am not sure of the turn around time.  Probably 24-48 hrs.

Thank you.

You can try this link once it is approved. Hope it helps.

https://www.drtravelcenter.com/es/quest … a-mi-pais/

I just returned and used Referencia Labs - 4300 pesos and got results back next day online or you can go and get it printed for you.

Easy process, no appointment necessary and finished quickly.

Covid tests in La Romana cost between $80 and $120 U.S.

They began giving vaccines in La Romana yesterday to people 70 and over for free. They are using the Sinovac from China