Employment Pass Application

Hi I'm Sorn. I'm from Thailand and currently live and work in Malaysia.
Since my project was closed on the end of December, I have looked for a new job and got the job with new company. Now, my new company submitted me EP (category II)​ since 8th of January 2021. After that MDEC revert back and asked me to amend release letter to the date which is my current EP expiry date on 14th January 2021. The new company re submitted the letter to MDEC on 18th January 2012.

My situation is my work permit with old company already expired asince 15th January 2021, and until now (22 Feb) l, MDEC still holds me on Decision stage. It's already taken 5 weeks after re submitted documents. In addition, I never receive any acknowledged letter from MDEC.

So, I would like to ask you guys regarding my situation that actually about 1 week after EP online submission, MDEC will provide Acknowledge letter, but for my case I never received any letter. Do you have any idea about this? or this is because my current EP was naturally expired so,  it skip the step to issue acknowledge letter? and what's the next step after decision stage. Thanks in advance.  :heart:

Hi did your visa approved? Iam in same boat, pls share your time line if it is approved. Thanks in advance

Hi there,

I would like to update that my visa has been approved since 25th February. Now, It's waiting for endorsement.  If your current EP is naturally expired, I would like to suggest you ask the new employer regard special pass application.

For my case, the new employer promised me to apply Special pass for me after receiving The acknowledged letter from MDEC. However, they didn't do like that and let me wait until EP approval.  It has been around 1.5 - 2 months for application.

Edit * I just passed my passport to HR and signed for special pass. So, regarding my case special pass will be applied after EP approval by MDEC.

Thank you for the reply, also please let know when your endorsement is completed.  I just want to know how long it will take for endorsement

Hi pintusorn, is there any update regarding the process? I would appreciate it greatly for your timeline regarding special pass and obtaining the new EP

Hello shansazeem,

The last time pintusorn visited the forum was a year ago.

Should you want to discuss the topic with more active members, I suggest you start a new thread on the Kuala Lumpur forum.

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Equipe Expat.com