My developing plans to load my IATA "Travel Pass" -COVID passport

I have made this a new topic, although it relates to the SRRV topic, it covers nearly all foreign travelers to the Philippines, regardless of visa types.

This will be the first time I talk about this here and even when I may use "strange or unusual terms", my focus is to give the simple path I intent to follow.

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is where I have focused my research and made plans. 

My goals are to:

1. Remove. reduce or find an alternative to quarantines for any international travel(s) going forward.

2.  Provide only my selected digital health screening records related to COVID-19 tests/vaccines without the invasion of my medical privacy.

3.  Be the keeper of my data and not involve 3rd party collectors of my data, which must be transmitted to confirm a Covid question.

Therefore, when I learned that the IATA is nearly ready to release this digital Covid passport using "blockchain" technology, I am pleased. 

Note 1:  A simple way to explain this is that the blockchain allows secure bits of our test and vaccine data results to be written to/stored on random server/clouds that instantly completes the data when accessed via the "Travel Pass mobile App. (reportedly to be released for IOS & Android app stores next month (March)). 

Note 2:  Some of the current IATA apps (i.e., airport codes... etc.) may be limited to IOS only (iPhone/iPads)... YMMV!

The planned steps under the IATA are to use the IATA Travel Pass app to get to the IATA Contactless Travel App where the vaccine data can be part of the digital identity we create when we scan our passports with our smart phones.  This process is designed to pick up the data embedded in our passport chip and can be further enhanced/secured by facial recognition capabilities we may have on some of the newer phones.  This, the contactless aspect.....

Source details:  https://www.iata.org/contentassets/2b02 … s-faqs.pdf

I am sure many are aware that most of our travels are filmed, captured, or ran thru facial ID technology in most of the airports of the world now.  I can imagine that this post may cause some to think about topics like government controls, Signs of the Beast or other such topics.  It is not my intent to get into political or religious positions here.  I am just sharing what I intend to do and why.

Summary - I just wish to control those data that I select and that meet the concerns of that moment.  We will be able to control/update our digital passports and limit the information to only what is required for our travel needs.

I intent to update my progress as soon as I get my iPhone loaded with the app.

And then someone will say covid is not created to track and control people more.

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : inappropriate
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@eduardo001,

It is clear what I have shared is not a fit for your mindset.  However, before you decide to claim another person's shared plans are idiotic, you may want to check yourself and such negativity before you attack here.  This forum is intended to help others and share ideas.  If you need to make baseless attacks, you are free to post your poison elsewhere.  Some may choose to go thru life always late, reactive and seldom prepared.  I prefer a more positive and proactive approach where true idiots seldom venture.

Calif Native,

Thanks for sharing your personal insights and your research.  Well stated and helpful as always.

I say "Keep walking" don't ever let small minded people/naysayers get in to your path of the good you try to bring to others.

Perhaps some should worry about their own back yards. I'm sure most members here appreciate the OP's input. Though it doesn't affect me personally I see the value and experience offered to others, those not interested should move onto the next topic in their own country and whinge there.

OMO,

Cheers, Steve.

Calif-Native wrote:

I am sure many are aware that most of our travels are filmed, captured, or ran thru facial ID technology in most of the airports of the world now.  . . . I just wish to control those data that I select and that meet the concerns of that moment.  We will be able to control/update our digital passports and limit the information to only what is required for our travel needs.

Very interested on what you can find out and share on this issue.

Proof of having both doses of vaccines does not prove immunity.  AstraZenith trials in South Africa halted due to vaccine being 10% effective.

Have also read reports of an annual Covid vaccine, due to mutations.  Too bad things are so complicated, but that is the reality.

“You cannot imagine that someone is against flu hysteria?”

I have never spoke to, posted about or taken any action whatsoever against a person identified as “eduardo001”.  My posts here are intended to help others and share common paths to resolving some of our common expat problems. 

Eduardo001, Enough is enough…. xenophobia and intolerance has no place here in this forum.  You decided to engage in a non related website review that has no bearing on any topics here.  I choose to deal with any websites I own, after the passing of my wife, in my time and place of choosing.  This has nothing to do with Einstein or your personal attack.

"Flu hysteria" - Lets examine this and see how your country (Croatia) is handling this “flu hysteria”, shall we…

Highlights include:

Country-Specific Information:
    •    For the latest information on COVID-19 cases in Croatia, please visit the Croatian Government's COVID-19 website.
    •    Wearing protective masks is mandatory in all closed spaces throughout  the country. Masks are also mandatory in open spaces where a physical distance of at least 1.5 meters cannot be maintained.
    •    Due to the recent rise of COVID-19 cases, the following measures are in effect through February 28, 2021.  These measures may be revised or updated based on the evolving epidemiological situation: 

(I include the first 5 only)
    ⁃    Individuals must maintain at least 2 meters of social distance indoors and at least 1.5 meters outdoors.
    ⁃    All public events, gatherings, and celebrations, including religious services must end at 22:00. Cinemas, museums, galleries, and churches must secure 7m2 of space per person.
    ⁃    Private gatherings in homes are limited to 10 people from two households and must end at 22:00.
    ⁃    Funerals are limited to 15 people, but physical contact must be avoided when offering condolences.
    ⁃    No weddings.

Source:  https://hr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-2/

Zero “flu hysteria” cautions or links are noted ……

Perhaps some from your country are still in some flu warped war mindset where your actions here are felt they are needed or justified.  You should take notice that you have already been warned about your conduct here and there may be a time when your inability to accept different views will have a down-side on your ability to remain here. 

At this point, I choose to watch your possible self-destruction without any further direct communications with you.  Others may choose to remove you and your “flu hysteria” opinions altogether. 

You still have time to be a positive human.  Try to be informed, respect others here or just move on back to where your Croatian based (often pro-Nazi) views remain with some in/from Croatia.  There was a reason a little over a year ago Croatia's Foreign Ministry suspended a senior diplomat, Elizabeta Madjarevic (https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor … -comments/). 

As you attempt to throw rocks at another's house, you stand in front of your glass house also…

Hello everyone,

Please note that some inappropriate and off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.

Kindly be polite when participating on the forum.

Thanks,

Diksha

eduardo001 wrote:

And then someone will say covid is not created to track and control people more.

Ahahaha ! some people are really morons :-)

Thanks for the great info, as always, Calif-Native.

Calif-Native wrote:

I have made this a new topic, although it relates to the SRRV topic, it covers nearly all foreign travelers to the Philippines, regardless of visa types.

This will be the first time I talk about this here and even when I may use "strange or unusual terms", my focus is to give the simple path I intent to follow.

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is where I have focused my research and made plans. 

My goals are to:

1. Remove. reduce or find an alternative to quarantines for any international travel(s) going forward.

2.  Provide only my selected digital health screening records related to COVID-19 tests/vaccines without the invasion of my medical privacy.

3.  Be the keeper of my data and not involve 3rd party collectors of my data, which must be transmitted to confirm a Covid question.

Therefore, when I learned that the IATA is nearly ready to release this digital Covid passport using "blockchain" technology, I am pleased. 

Note 1:  A simple way to explain this is that the blockchain allows secure bits of our test and vaccine data results to be written to/stored on random server/clouds that instantly completes the data when accessed via the "Travel Pass mobile App. (reportedly to be released for IOS & Android app stores next month (March)). 

Note 2:  Some of the current IATA apps (i.e., airport codes... etc.) may be limited to IOS only (iPhone/iPads)... YMMV!

The planned steps under the IATA are to use the IATA Travel Pass app to get to the IATA Contactless Travel App where the vaccine data can be part of the digital identity we create when we scan our passports with our smart phones.  This process is designed to pick up the data embedded in our passport chip and can be further enhanced/secured by facial recognition capabilities we may have on some of the newer phones.  This, the contactless aspect.....

Source details:  https://www.iata.org/contentassets/2b02 … s-faqs.pdf

I am sure many are aware that most of our travels are filmed, captured, or ran thru facial ID technology in most of the airports of the world now.  I can imagine that this post may cause some to think about topics like government controls, Signs of the Beast or other such topics.  It is not my intent to get into political or religious positions here.  I am just sharing what I intend to do and why.

Summary - I just wish to control those data that I select and that meet the concerns of that moment.  We will be able to control/update our digital passports and limit the information to only what is required for our travel needs.

This is a good post with the same information in it that I have also learned. If we are going to travel by plane we should realize this will be nesessary.

Fil-Am Mom wrote:
Calif-Native wrote:

I am sure many are aware that most of our travels are filmed, captured, or ran thru facial ID technology in most of the airports of the world now.  . . . I just wish to control those data that I select and that meet the concerns of that moment.  We will be able to control/update our digital passports and limit the information to only what is required for our travel needs.

Very interested on what you can find out and share on this issue.

Fil-Am Mom, I thought this was a well known topic but I am happy to share some of the main research, as you requested.  It is my opinion, that based on past "closed projects", we now see the sharing of less powerful technologies for use in such things as the Covid passport under development with IATA.  As we expats increasingly travel between our "Home Countries" and our host countries, we are part of the larger growing technology data base, globally.

Here are just a few examples to share....

Airport news from 2019:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/airp … index.html

Law enforcement/Boarder patrol:

https://www.aware.com/biometric-solutio … e8QAvD_BwE

The US Department of Defense's DARPA: https://emerj.com/ai-sector-overviews/f … lications/

My son and I have been working on different graduate degrees and as he is finishing his PhD in AI/AR related studies, most of my limited research has been academic based research.  From what we both have studied, AI & AR (Artificial Intelligence & Augmented Reality) technologies both link to the post Covid 19 world and the future of air travel.  For AR, think Pilot flight simulation training and Military Drone pilots.....

Example: https://arxiv.org/abs/0804.4457

I post the above to only focus on the Covid 19 post content I made previously.  Any more on this and we may want to start a new thread....

While yes this is an open forum things go off track at times, I am guilty also but do try to follow the OP's thoughts/asks/information and happily contribute and learn. Sometimes slapped.
Throwing wild ideas (conspiracy theories) into an informative level headed thread that is relative and informative to those expats that live here is not necessary.

There are I am sure plenty of sites available for those conspiracy theorists to bang their drum,,,,,, if they are clever enough instead of pushing their wheelbarrow and hijacking unrelated topics. A smart thinker would start their own topic both here and in the ether.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

I always err on side of caution.  Thus my conspiracy theory is that Satoshi and blockchains are just another work of CIAs to monitor everyone in the metaverse, much like they do with their creation of the dark web. 

Coming from that angle, I believe there is no place to hide, not even off-grid.   So the best way to live a life now is to be as good  a person in one's life as possible and let transparency be a guiding force in living.