Getting a Job

Hi,
I am currently planning a move to Thailand with my girlfriend who has secured a job as a teacher. I was hoping someone would have some advice on where the best place is to apply for jobs and the best way forward to find a job as well before we leave. I have just gained a first in mathematics from a University in England and would like to put it to use if possible. But the main focus for now is just to find a job so we can get on our feet hen we arrive.
Thank you in advance for any advice,
Jack

Hello Jack,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

First and foremost, I recommend that you have a look at the articles in the following section of our Living in Bangkok guide:
- Work in Bangkok

You will find basic information which can help you get ahead with your job search such as popular job portals, job-hunting advice applicable to Bangkok and useful links at the end of the articles.

You can also submit your CV in our dedicated Jobs in Bangkok section.

In which field are you looking for work? Maybe our members can help you if you provide more details... :)

Good luck,

Diksha

Hi Diksha,

Thank you, I will check the recommended sections and upload my CV and hopefully something will come up

I am looking to work in finance or banking ideally but would not mind working in most industries at the minute just so I can gain some experience working in Thailand

Thanks
Jack

Hi @jack_crocker

I'm currently in the same boat, I'm out here at the minute on a tourism visa, desperately looking for work. The simplest option to secure permit seems like a TEFL.