British School of Riyadh Vs London day schools

LondontoRiyadh

Hi Anyone Out There
My husband has just been offered dream job and would be going to Riyadh this spring. Both kids are at London day schools 13 and 10 years old. I have just heard bad things about the differences between Riyadh British school and London schools. They are not super academic but managed to get into their respective schools just and I worry that if they go to Riyadh they won't be able to come back easily and navigate the UK system. Should I stay here to keep kids in good school and go out there on holidays or should we risk it and just hope the British School is going to get them into a good University when the time comes.
Any thoughts would be incredibly gratefully received.
Thank you!

I can imagine how difficult this decision is if your current school is rated by ofsted as outstanding in the UK. If not I would not worry very much. Nevertheless as they are still young, you could try the British School in Riyadh- maybe make an enquiry first if any positions are still available for September 2021.  If they have places you can go there for a year and if you are not happy you can return with the kids to the UK or let eg. the older one finish their GCSE's there and then send him/her to a very good private college in the UK where they gear students for A's for A levels in 18 months. Just some thoughts.

Having lived in the middle East for 32 years I was more than happy as both children had the best education and went to universities. The A level results they had at Dubai College were second to none and both did well.  In Riyadh, the British International school of Riyadh has  an excellent reputation with equally outstanding A level results. I would highly recommend you get in touch with the school where you can meet with informed staff and address your concerns. I really hope this helps- I know you will not be disappointed.

Thank you so much! I appreciate this information - I think I panicked and then we are just coming and I know you're right. I just wasn't sure what other international mothers thought first hand so I do appreciate it so much. I think we are coming and we know it's ok.
X