Vaccines required in Dominican Republic

I have no idea what that even means.  If you want to travel and they are  mandatory, then you have a choice now don't you.

It is out of our control if airlines, countries even hotels, pubs and restaurants want to see vaccine certificates in the future.

In Europe it is already starting. Even the USA is investigating how to do it.

Soon some countries will have large vaccinated populations and have suffered economically and will not want to suffer more so vaccinaion certification will appeal.

The two tier world of the vaccinated and non vaccinated could become reality with one having more freedom to travel and visit places.

The airline industry has lobbied the USA to create a vaccine passport.  Joe Biden is working on it. It is expected to be in place before then end of 2021.  Soon you will not be able to fly without proof of vaccination, at least to the USA.

Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccine data show efficacy, WHO says

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coron … y-WHO-says

Wednesday, March 31 (Tokyo time)

7:55 p.m. Chinese vaccine makers Sinopharm and Sinovac have presented data on their COVID-19 vaccines indicating levels of efficacy that would be compatible with those required by the World Health Organization, the chair of a WHO advisory panel said on Wednesday. The WHO's Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) hopes to issue recommendations on those vaccines by the end of April, its chair Alejandro Cravioto, told a news briefing. The vaccines would first require WHO emergency use listing.

End of April for WHO emergency use approval?

DR still has no news for arrival of the promised next one million doses of Sinovac vaccine or any other vaccine so no probably new vaccinations for at least another week.

I will try find somehow way to fake my vaccine status xD

IF that is your attitude please do not come here.   Dont get on a plane.

Waiting on the WHO  to issue their  recommendations then!  I am glad its progressing.
Lets hope we get more vaccines soon for those who need them.

Poor form, Tomyroni.  Exceedingly poor form. 

And sheer stupidity to post such intentions on a public website.

Horrendously poor form.

I agree with planner:  Don't visit or move to the DR. 

But, I'm not as nice as planner, so again: POOR FORM, CHAP!!! 

Tomyroni wrote:

I will try find somehow way to fake my vaccine status xD

I'm fortunate I've had my two jabs and being invited for a booster jab in September.

Vaccination is not mandatory but the take up varies enormously in Europe.  In France it's about 60% in the UK about 94%.  As of the 30th March  DR had vaccinated 900K people.

I understand several vaccine types are being processed for delivery to  DR but I would be concerned about the Chinese vaccines as WHO have requested more data which isn't forthcoming.  Germany & France trying to persuade EMA to authorise the Russian Sputnik vaccine.

The current ones being used are the Oxford AZ, Pfizer and shortly Modena.

Finally there are mixed feelings about making vaccines mandatory.  I can say that in the UK people working in care homes will have to be vaccinated.  This subject is controversial.  Many ethnic  minorities are refusing to have the vaccine and this will create major problems.
The only way out of this is of course is to have everyone in the world vaccinated but this will take another 2 years at least.  So until then we all have to continue to be vigilant.

In terms of vaccines here, I believe it when the plane arrives and unloads the cargo.  We have had lots of promises.

I'm with Stan! 

I am also eligible for the vaccine but the 'science' I am reading is warning me to stay away... at least until it is fully approved (and by that I mean the FDA - not the WHO)

I am not an anti-vaxxer but my understanding of mRNA vaccines is that they have never before been used on humans and that a safe, traditional coronavirus vaccine has not yet been invented.
It will be many years before the long term effects will be known.  Many virologists and doctors are suspecting the forthcoming adverse effects to be significant.
These so called vaccines are 'EXPERIMENTAL" and have been approved for 'emergency use' only.

I am not seeing the 'emergency' with a survival rate of 99.9+%.
if I had severe co-morbidities or bad health I might feel differently - I understand that and don't judge.

Mandating them is such a violation of Freedom because these vaccines do not protect others or even offer immunity.. only less severe symptoms. While it may be nice to know I wouldn't end up on a vent, I prefer knowing I won't have lifelong auto-immune disorders or worse from taking an unproven vaccine.
My entire reason for buying in DR was to escape oppression. I am praying the DR doesn't make this mandatory or require a 'vaccine passport'. This would be the end of a dream for me.

You are right these vaccines and treatments are all experimental at this stage - for emergency use. People have doubts and it is understood with the haste that these vacines have been developed and put to use.

But the world is in a dreadful  emergency situation.

Life as we knew before and economic activity will not return to where it was without a large scale immunity from covid19 worldwide. It appears at best this is way off and in 2023 at best is being reported.

I fully expect travel and flying to be restricted to people who can show proof of vaccination or perhaps other approved certainty of posing no risk for infecting others. I don't think DR will impose such restrictions but those departing from DR will probably need proof to fly and enter other countries.

That is one of the reasons to get vaccinated but more important is to be part of a society that is or near to herd immunity to better life and have more freedoms such as no curfews.

For me, more importantly, it was to gain a level of immunity with a most traditional of viral vaccines (deactivated virus) to avoid serious infection. This virus is not selective and passes secretely from person to person with much ease so it eliminates a major risk.

For those that are worried about the MRA vaccines, my suspicion is that they will be proven in the longer term reliable and with good efficiacy with limited side effects, and this type of vaccine will become very common to treat ailments such as HIV and cancer. There has been some excellent recent news on the Pfizer vaccine in recent days showing it prevenst spread and has durability. Those taking this type of vaccine are indeed guinea pigs but with a very high probability of success imo. RNA vaccines are here to stay imo.

The reality is that the virus continues to spread at upwards rates worldwide and the slow rate of vaccination is allowing new waves and lock downs across the globe. Plus more mutations and the effect is spreading to the young now. Even with good levels of vaccination covid19 can still spread without controls. Herd immunity is a very long way off in any one country let alone the world.

COVID takes advantage of slow vaccination and enters its fourth global wave

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualidad/ … HB25354232

The delays in vaccinations, the fatigue of many societies in the face of restrictions and the most contagious variants of the coronavirus have led the world to a fourth wave of COVID-19, with figures already resembling the third in late 2020, so far the worst in infections and deaths.

DAILY CONTAGES AND DEATHS ON THE RISE

According to figures from the World Health Organization (WHO), global cases today exceed 127 million, while deaths are close to 2.8 million, and both infections and weekly deaths continue to rise after the hopeful decline of the curve that existed from the beginning of 2021 until the middle of February.

"We have six consecutive weeks of increased transmission in all regions, it is a worrying and serious trend. After two years of pandemic there is a lot of fatigue and societies want the pandemic to end, but we are not going in the right direction, 'said the head of the WHO anticovid unit, Maria Van Kerkhove.

Global daily infections already exceed 600,000 in some days, approaching the record figures of the beginning of the year, when they exceeded 800,000, while daily deaths on some days exceed the 10,000 barrier.

The only positive trend shown by the curves is that despite the rise in cases in the last month and a half, the death toll remains fairly stable, which could be due to the effects that vaccinations are already having on vulnerable populations.

YOUNGER AND YOUNG PEOPLE IN ICU

However, WHO experts warn that, as happened in mid-2020, a decrease in the average age of the most serious cases is again being noticed, and the number of people between 30 and 60 years old who require emergency interventions is increasing .

"It is frustrating that this happens because we have already experienced this situation, our guard has been lowered with good weather and we cannot do it at a time when the distribution of vaccines is still uneven," said Van Kerkhove in his weekly meeting with Internet users. in social networks.

The fourth wave does not yet reach the figures of daily infections of the third, between October and January, but it does exceed those of the first (March and April 2020, although at that time many cases could not be tested) and the second, of the middle of last year, when COVID-19 especially hit the American continent.

However, in this wave the distribution of cases is very uneven, perhaps due to seasonal factors and vaccinations: while in America the figures are relatively low, the Middle East or East Asia already suffer record numbers of new infections.

And while the country hardest hit by the pandemic, the US (30 million positives) has managed to reduce daily cases, these are rising rapidly in Brazil and India, with 12 million cases each.

UNEQUAL SITUATION IN EUROPE

In Europe the figures differ enormously: while the curve remains relatively stable in countries that have suffered hard previous waves, such as Spain or the United Kingdom, it rises in Germany, Italy or France, whose governments have ordered an increase in restrictions.

The negative trends also coincide with the arrival of the Easter holidays, which makes us fear an even greater increase in cases due to vacation outings and family reunions, as happened last Christmas.

"We all know what needs to be done to prevent infections and save lives, so we must continue to do so, do everything possible on our part to lower the figures," warned Van Kerkhove before the arrival of the holidays.

By 2021, at least, there are already vaccines against COVID-19, so the pandemic has become a race against time to immunize billions of people as quickly as possible, before new vaccine-resistant mutations emerge. .

For now, about 600 million doses have been injected into the planet (experts estimate that it will take about 10,000 to achieve global group immunity), of which 150 million have been administered in the US, 120 million in China and 73 million in the European Union.

At a relative level, the most advanced countries in vaccination are Israel, where 60% of its population has received at least one dose, followed by the United Kingdom (45%) and Chile (35%).

CHILE, A NOTICE TO THE WORLD

The WHO warns that vaccination should not replace the preventive measures in force since last year, such as physical distancing, hand hygiene or avoiding crowded places.

Nations where vaccination is going at a good pace but where cases have increased rapidly in recent weeks, such as India or Chile, are painful proof of this.

"There are countries like Chile that are vaccinating well but infections and hospitalizations have risen, which has left the government no choice but to confine it again," recalled WHO Executive Director for Health Emergencies, Mike Ryan.

"March and April last year were very tough months, we are back in that period and we must once again be exceptionally on alert," concluded the Irish expert. EFE

So  the debate can continue but we will not allow  "speculation" without sources.   Sayin you heard it, is not good enough people. 

Lennox you do a great job of  giving facts and sources, thank you.  We do not always agree and that is okay.  We do not all have to agree.

For those who came here for their "freedom" -  guess what you are in another country where unless you have  citizenship you have NO say in how things are done.  Vent all you like but it changes nothing. I often do that, vent,  regarding traffic and customer service, but I have no say in the rules or the enforcement.  I can only have my say by  staying and spending money or by leaving.  Simple.

Planner, I think you've been a tad harsh on Glauriel. Such opinions snd speculation are out there.

It needs to be discussed and when needed confronted rather than censored.

I understand the reasons for anti vax opinions and those on vaccine type and even the anti WHO sentiments. But we are not going to get back to anything like normal socially and economically we will need everybody in the world on board doing their part and with risks in defeating this dreadful virus.

We need a global response rather than nationalistic and self interest (whether personally, nationally or drug business) which has taken us deeper into the abyss during the past year and will lead to 4th, 5th 6th and so on waves in the time to come.

Poor form indeed.  What a horrible thought.

Now that we have had more time to assess the situation - globally -
My feeling is that the DR has done a good job handling the pandemic.

Look at Europe flailing along not very well.
Canada (Ontario) is going in to 28 day lock down again - for a second time !!
US has vaccinated a lot of people.... cases still increase.

Overall, we here are doing pretty well with minimal disruption to daily living......IMO

Yes DR has done reasonably well but we have had early curfews in place for a long time. Big factor imo.

As soon as that gets relaxed, cases rise.

Not much testing these days but we still get day positivities of 14% like today. Young people are those infected now.

The next few days may change the situation again.

I dont see an end to this in DR with no reported new vaccines arriving soon.

Vaccines given to a large chunk of the population is DR's best hope to end curfew and get kids back at desks amongst other things.