Are there english public schools?

Hi, I'm moving to Belgium in a few months from South Africa, I have kids aged 7 and 11. I have researched english speaking schools and they will be too expensive for us.
Are there english public schools or dutch schools that have english as a 2nd language? Or what other options are there?

Kind Regards

The first thing you have to know is public schools are private schools with fees

It says on the expat sites there are free public schools  :unsure

So are there english state schools? Or english 2nd language state schools?

Fred wrote:

There are, but they're state schools - Public schools charge

Genuine question, what is the difference between a state school and a public school?

There are no English schools in Belgium that are not private :)

If I'm not wrong children can still learn English in dutch school as second language and later stage around 18 yrs/above child become equal to the other english schools..  I am not sure but somebody can confirm on dutch schools curriculum.

Fred wrote:
hoangtrunghieu wrote:
Fred wrote:

There are, but they're state schools - Public schools charge

Genuine question, what is the difference between a state school and a public school?

It's a strangeness of British English.
A state school is run by the state and is free of charge
A public school is private and charge

It is strange indeed.

If I am not mistaken, all public schools in Belgium are free of charge.

reddit-some wrote:

If I'm not wrong children can still learn English in dutch school as second language and later stage around 18 yrs/above child become equal to the other english schools..  I am not sure but somebody can confirm on dutch schools curriculum.

I'd say French is the second language.

My kid is in her final year at a Flemish basis school. They started French a year ago but not yet have any English lesson.